Software Engineer (IBM Research) (1 year contract)
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM Research Collaboratory in Singapore is looking out for strong hands-on software developer with proven experience of building data intensive and robust applications. The candidate will work with a team of researchers and engineers on development of analytics solutions and responsibilities will be across the server side stack. The candidate must be strong in understanding technical needs, multi task, and work independently with willingness to learn new tools/technologies to solve problems.
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Sound knowledge of design patterns, data structures, multi-threading and implementing algorithms.
- Experience in developing server side components using J2EE.
- Experience in databases (DB2, Oracle, MySQL), writing complex queries and SQL tuning
- Experience in using Big Data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Unix, Linux
- 3+ years of design & development experience
- Experience in UI technologies like HTML5, JQuery and D3 is a major plus
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Role ( Job Role )
Software Engineering Researcher
Primary job category
Fixed Term - Long Term
Secondary Job Category
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village