- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Software Engineer. The candidate will be working with a forward thinking team with the vision of combining creativity and innovation to achieve success. In this position the candidate will use skills in computer science and web technologies in performing design, developing, testing, and deployment of web solutions. Also, the candidate will use written and verbal communication skills weighing customer needs against technical best practices. Additionally, the candidate will use more than one platform and object oriented design and modern web development.
- Translate business requirements into system requirements.
- Create software architecture, design and evaluate technologies to use.
- Perform code promotion between development and test environment, maintain testing environment.
- Execute tasks related to code Build/Packaging. Shall also responsible to create/install code.
- Design unit test plans and execute unit test cases.
- Perform design and code documentation.
- Participate in Agile scrum meetings.
- Report status to the project manager.
- Collaborate within and across teams globally.
- Take necessary steps to improve the safety of the work process and environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
1) Core skills:
At least 4 years experience developing web applications using
Representational State Transfer (REST) service
HTML & CSS
Linux OS (Ubuntu/Debian, RHEL/CentOS)
SQL (MySQL and DB2)
Git source code control
Cloud Platforms & Infrastructure (Softlayer, IBM Bluemix, EC2)
2) Supplementary skills:
Message queues (RabbitMQ/MQLight/Apache Kafka)
Related modern web development framework & technologies
3) Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and XP
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Other related modern web development framework & technologies
Role ( Job Role )
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Fixed Term - Long Term
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Degree in computer science
4+ years relevant working experience developing web applications
Model–view–controller software architectural pattern
Representational State Transfer
HTML & CSS