Service Transition Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jun 17
Service Transition Manager
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
Global Technology Infrastructure Services (GTIS)
Global Technology Infrastructure Services is a central team that engineers, develops and supports IT infrastructure of the bank. Hosting services, Collaboration services and service management are building blocks of Infrastructure Services. It comprises of:
1. Barclays Hosting Services providing IaaS, PaaS, and Datacenter services
2. Barclays Collaboration Services facilitating colleague productivity and collaboration services
3. Barclays Foundation Services provides a simplified and functional service model and support system
4. Core Data centres that is a home to Barclays hardware - Server & Storage
5. Core Networks that provides network solution to the bank
6. EPS(Enterprise Production Services) which includes monitoring, scheduling, service management tools and Barclays command centre for managing incidents, changes and problems. ------------------
About Core Networks Connectivity
Connectivity is a part of Core Network team that provides various functions such as support (L1, and L2), service management, product management, product engineering, solution delivery, automation and tools. All these functions work on network components including LAN, WAN, ADC, Firewall, DNS, DHCP, Wireless, SDN, Automation, Proxy . Solution Delivery is responsible for designing and implementing solutions to meet the banks network connectivity requirements.
Overall purpose of role
The Service Transition Manager will work as part of the Network Solution Delivery team and will be responsible for working with a team of internal and external partners to deliver complex network solutions in alignment with overall network strategy and business requirements. This includes:
o Ensuring that new technologies are properly transitioned from build into run
o Ensuring all products follow the Acceptance Into Run (AIR)
o Ensuring all products are fully managed
o Ensure service contracts with vendors are in place with the proper SLA
o Ensure training is conducted across the organization for new service/technology
o Ensure all customer facing and backend systems are updated in order to support the new technologies
o Ensure proper handoff to Operation teams inclusive of documentation.
o Focus on delivery of committed work streams in the agreed time frames
o Ensure the project is adhering to network risk profile:
· Network Stability
· Compliance to regulatory and mandatory policies
· Audit findings and Issue Assurances are fully addressed
· Adherence to all change management process
· Full documentation for all deployments
· Knowledge Transfer to Support teams
· Work with key network stakeholders (solution engineers, product engineers, product managers, service managers and operations managers) to successfully transition projects from build to run team in the agreed to timeframes.
· Work with external parties to successfully transition projects from build to run team in the agreed to timeframes.
· Work with system development and automation team as applicable to deliver projects.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Proactively engage key stakeholders and end users to provide feedback and ensure requirements and expectations are properly met/managed
· Provide regular updates to key stakeholders
· Provide management updates.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Capable of bringing together expert knowledge from across the organisation and consolidating into a cohesive end-to-end network solution
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
o Basic Qualifications
o 7+ years of experience in leading large projects related to data networking
o 7+ year of delivering large infrastructure related projects
o Experience managing relationships with senior business partners
o Strong communications skills . The ability to effectively communicate and sell complex network solutions
o Four-year college degree, or equivalent experience.
o Preferred Qualifications
o 7+ years experience in managing large-scale, enterprise network solutions in large, financial institutions
o Experience in developing requirements and driving development cycles
o Experience with managing budgets associated with large projects
o Ability to work with multiple stakeholder
o Team player.
o Strong attention to detail
o Technical knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco technology
- Knowledge and experience with data centre design and deployment
- Knowledge and experience of WAN routing technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Load Balancer technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Proxy, DNS and DHCP technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Firewall technologies
- Knowledge of wireless technologies and implementation
- Good knowledge of MAN technologies, optical networking
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .