Senior Vice President / Vice President
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 19 Sep 17
Asia & Oceania Credit Department - Asia & Oceania Credit Department
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Overview of Division/Department
Asia & Oceania Credit Department (AOCR) is responsible for credit review of non-Japanese corporate, sovereign and financial institution customers/transactions in the Asia & Oceania region. The countries/areas covered are Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, India, Australia, Myanmar and Cambodia.
(Internal Corporate Title: Senior Manager)
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
- Performing credit reviews and analysis on the credit proposals and other information submitted by offices of then Bank covered by Asia & Oceania Department.
- Making independent and effective recommendations on credit proposals and credit related matters to the management based on the credit reviews and analysis.
- Assigning credit ratings to borrowers, guarantors and other obligors in accordance with the rating procedures and other relevant rules of the Bank.
- Performing periodical and special credit reviews and assessments (e.g. Close Watch, Self Assessment, Strict Management Claims Determination, etc).
- Gathering credit and related information on the customers or industry, from internal and external sources (e.g. customers of the Bank, buyers and suppliers, public authorities and institutions, credit agencies, other banks, etc).
- Visiting customers with business promotion departments whenever necessary for obtaining more in-depth information on the customers for analysis purposes.
- Supporting and mentoring junior staff.
- Performing any other duties and projects as assigned.
What you should have:
- A degree with around 12 years of working experience and at least 10 years in corporate credit experience covering Southeast Asia markets (preferably with experience covering Singapore and its neighboring countries).
- Occasional traveling is required.