Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
This role will work within the Global Test Management team in Standard Chartered Bank, working initially on the eCDD+ programme, designed to capture Client information and comply with regulation to truly "Know Your Customer". CDD is critical to manage regulatory, financial crime and reputational risks; however this is not just a regulatory response.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Sernior Test Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will be a solid programmer experienced in Java and Linux environments who understands the importance and benefits of disciplined engineering and test automation.
The candidate will be involved in the automation of eCDD+ and related upstream and downstream systems, using a framework based on Cucumber BDD with Java test code. The candidate would work closely with functional testing experts, BAs and developers to automate new test cases, build reusable testing modules and drivers, maintain and fix defects in existing automation codebase.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- This role reports into Test Manager.
- Engage with development, architecture and business representatives to gain complete and detailed understanding of test automation requirements
- Design, build and test the automation scripts
- Identify and coordinate test environment requirements prior to test execution
- Execute and maintain the automated test suite
- Create reusable automation libraries
- Create reports to show the status of projects and key test automation activities
- Create training documentation for the use of automated testing tools
Qualifications and Skills
Mandatory Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automation testing tools & frameworks preferably Selenium
- Must have extensive experience in Java programming
- Linux expertise including python/shell scripting
- SQL database skills
- Knowledge of modern development tools including IDEs, build/make, JIRA/defect tracking, etc.
- Strong Git source control skills
- Experienced working in the Banking or related financial technology domain
- Good communication skills, proactive, positive attitude.
- Experience working across globally distributed development and test teams a plus
- Passionate about technology, enjoys a technical challenge, programs for fun.
- Cucumber BDD testing framework experience with Java & Selenium
- Knowledge of devops and continuous integration, TDD and BDD.
- Knowledge of testing tools
- Knowledge of messaging protocols such as HTTP, REST, MQ
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 18/07/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.