Senior Manager, Planning and Performance
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Planning and performance management coupled with embedded controls to provide end to end control over IM project financials. Regular MI and necessary analytics to empower other members of the team to better manage costs and recovery. As a senior member of the team within Information Management (IM), this role requires supervision, continuous monitoring of cost base to pre-warn of any exceptions, assess process gaps, streamline existing processes, execution of high level operational controls including
- Setting up of processes to align resourcing with strategic plans
- Development of business cases by identifying and validating key business requirements. Contributes to the preparation of Project Execution Documents ('PED') and project plans.
- Drive efficiencies through planning and tracking
- Support assessment of change proposals by defining business problem and primary objectives of solution enhancements.
- Liaison with other members of the team to instil cost discipline
- Closely monitor development, implementation and performance of business critical issues
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide IM Management Team with useful, accurate and timely views and analysis of planned and actual IT investment spend
- Manage investment initiation cycle, ensuring that decisions on project initiation are made with accurate information and useful analytics
- Ensure effective financial management of the individual investment portfolios
- Continuous improvement in the way we manage IM investments with special focus on financial management.
- Drive forecasting and annual budgeting process for IM, coordinate monthly forecast, investigate and understand actual spend/resourcing and coordinate solutions for any systemic issues
- Review of balance sheet accounts. Facilitate impairment review of software and hardware assets
- Contribute to the company knowledge base and process improvements by preparing detailed and comprehensive project artefacts in accordance to the Bank's project management standards
- Analyze IM performance, including preparing and monitoring Performance Scorecard
- Prepare presentations for business reviews, ITO review or group review meetings
- Responsible for Business Impact Analysis for each change and preparing relevant and appropriate stakeholder communications in good time
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key business stakeholders including ITO Finance, IM Management Team, CDO Team
Qualifications and Skills
This role would require 10+ years of relevant experience, particularly Technology Investments portfolio. International exposure, ability to handle cultural diversity are essential to this role. Having applied financial disciplines to real life problems is an advantage.
- Degree in business or equivalent discipline
- Experienced in developing strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Experienced in supporting a global group and ability to work in a highly collaborative manner across the network with a wide range stakeholders
- Ability to operate at different levels of detail
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GTO, the Group and its businesses and functions is an advantage
- Good understanding of technology and systems from a users perspective
- Good working knowledge of software application: Outlook (advanced), Word (advanced), PowerPoint (intermediary), Excel (basic)
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.