Senior Manager – IT Management
- Permanent, Full time
- ALS Recruit , EA Licence No: 16S8075
- 25 Sep 16
Our client is an internationally established and reputable banking group with a strong presence in Singapore. They offer both commercial and investment banking products and services. Their clients include large multinationals, local and regional corporations, financial institutions and Central Banks worldwide.
The role supports the Head of Department (HOD) for systems planning to align its investment budget to overall business priorities. The incumbent will be responsible for creating financial and resource / skills plans to maintain safe and stable operations and deliver prioritised business change. The Senior Manager will also be expected to deputize the HOD and responsible for reporting the overall (financial) management as well as control and stewardship of the IT assets and resources used in the provision and operation of IT services. The incumbent will achieve this whilst ensuring compliance with all governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee IT Finance management for system investment and expense, manage the IT investment and identify and allocate costs.
- Set IT strategy and develop plans, policies and processes for the accounting, budgeting and, where applicable, charging of IT resources and services, taking into account the definition of cost models and charging models.
- Set, negotiate, agree and manage all financial budgets and targets
- Accountable for the design and implementation of processes for budgeting, monitoring and reporting in particular to track costs and benefits (particularly cost saving benefits).
- Create resource management framework, and leads adoption of framework and policies
- Ensure that utilisation targets in the deployment of staff are met. Understands the manpower requirements forecasts sufficiently
- Oversee management of skills information for all staff within area of responsibility in order to identify gaps in capability
- Develop and control the learning and development strategy
- Degree Educated (preferably Computer Science/other technical field from a leading university) and/or equivalent experience.
- MBA or similar education and/or role-specific qualifications desirable.
- Experience within the field of IT Management in a Systems office of a Financial Institution
- Experience of driving enhanced stakeholder value, achieving sound financial discipline, implementing revenue growth and achieving cost reductions wherever possible.
- Substantial management experience
- Proficient understanding of the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Proficient in resource planning and management.
- Strong understanding of system development terminologies.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.