Senior Business Analyst - Liquidity Risk
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 01 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Risk and Finance engineering requires a solutions engineer to work on the analysis and design of solutions across the liquidity risk and balance sheet management systems for a range of regulatory and technical optimization requirements.
The successful candidate will be an experienced technology business analyst / solution engineer that has worked in a global banking environment on large scale and complex system architectures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with technology, vendor and business change teams to gain an in depth understanding of the end-to-end system implementation, architecture and liquidity risk/BSM business processes
- Help business in scoping requirements and apprise them of various solutions alternatives in order to set achievable requirements which meet business objectives
- Define cost effective and detailed technology solutions that meet scoped business requirements in line with guiding principles and bank standards.
- Work closely and collaboratively with development and partner engineering teams.
- Document and present systems solution designs and architecture.
- Prepare detailed component functional specifications in line with bank standards.
- Conduct impact analysis and create solutions managing technology impact and clearly document and raise assumptions/risks.
- Provide support and guidance across all phases of the project lifecycle, including assistance defining test strategy/plans, data migration strategy, release planning etc.
- Support release implementations weekends when necessary.
- Assist with urgent ad-hoc business requirements that may arise.
- Help drive technology design towards consolidated and simplified integration architecture.
- Conduct solution training and walk-through for business stake holders
- Build relationships with key stakeholders both business and technology.
- Timely and clear communications to management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualifications & Skills
- Strong experience in a similar solution engineering role requiring in-depth business domain knowledge
- Experience of large scale system upgrades and/or re-engineering programmes involving significant changes in architecture.
- Knowledge of liquidity risk and balance sheet management
- Knowledge of financial market and banking product variations
- Knowledge of data integration technologies such as XML, MQ, Linux, FTP, SQL.
- Knowledge of database technologies such as Oracle and understand data modeling concepts
- Knowledge of BI and reporting tools like OBIEE or Tableau.
- Proven experience of working in the Financial Markets/global banking environment.
- Proven experience of working in a global banking environment
- Proven ability to plan and organize own workload to deliver in a challenging environment with many dependencies and multiple demanding stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Moody's Analytics RiskConfidence, RiskAuthority and Fermat.
- Experience with Teradata and its underlying FSLDM data model; Exposure to Axiom, Microstrategy, Tableau and other similar reporting & data visualization tools
- Knowledge of high performance computing/grid technologies and architecture such as Hadoop/data synapse/coherence beneficial.
- Previous experience as a software developer
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.