Senior Associate, Modern Stack UI / UX Developer, Core Systems Technology, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Lead the developers within the User experience (UX) scrum team
- Develop visualisation of screens within a prototype framework
- Design and development of frameworks and patterns for the scrum teams to re-use
- Develop visual components for re-use within the scrum teams
- Coordinate the development of visualisation components across a number of scrum teams
- Produce technical frameworks for scrum teams to re-use
- Perform code and architecture reviews of implementation code
- Support scrum teams with resolution of technical problems
- Identify and leverage existing solutions within the client’s environment
- Conduct technical proof of concepts on libraries, patterns, visual features, etc.
- Work closely with the UX designers and key stakeholder to investigate visual representations and interaction patterns
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Responsible for developing application using Java language and Spring framework (SpringBoot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Stream) and related technologies
- Development experience in JAVA (Spring, J2EE, Spring boote)
- EMBERJS/REACTJS/ ANGULAR (1.x or 2)/BACKBONE/DOJO/ Spring Framework/ MongoDB/Redis/Riak/ Avro/Json/Bson/Protobuf/ AMQP (Rabbit MQ)/ Cloud Foundry or similar cloud technology
- Understanding of the difference between an interface, a class and an object and comprehension of cascaded inheritance, prototype based inheritance etc.
- Knowledge of trident, gecko and webkit.
- Created good abstractions that actually get reused
- Considerable ability to be hard headed about mark-up quality
- PhotoShop, Flash, Flex and Silverlight are essential skill.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in Computer Science or IT.
- Additional experience on developing service based application
- Web analytics experience (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, or similar technologies)
- Excellent analytical skills; Proficient in MS Office and able to produce board-level documentation
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who sets and meets challenging personal targets; Detailed person, with a big picture outlook
- Knowledge of server side scripting (PHP, JSP, ASP
- Understanding of current technologies employed by Tier 1 Investment Banking Institutions
- Must be a team player.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.