Sanctions Screening - Business Analyst (12-months contract renewable)
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (BTMU), a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MUFG), is Japan’s premier bank, with a global network spanning more than 40 countries. Outside of Japan, BTMU offers an extensive scope of commercial and investment banking products and services to businesses, governments and individuals worldwide.
In the Asia and Oceania region, BTMU has presence in 13 key markets with 32 offices and closed to 4,500 employees serving largely corporate and institutional clients. Singapore has served as the regional headquarters for South Asia, South-east Asia and the Oceania region since July 2013. While the regional headquarters for the East Asia region remains in Japan.
BTMU’s parent MUFG is one of the world’s leading financial groups with total assets of JPY 258.1 trillion by the end of March 2014. MUFG’s services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Group’s operating companies include BTMU, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms. MUFG’s shares are traded on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges respectively.
Business Analyst role for a transaction-screening system upgrade project.
As a Business analyst for Asian Compliance Office (ACO) work with regional project team to deliver OFAC Sanctions change projects including but not limited to
- Transaction Filtering
- Customer Screening
- Trade Finance Screening
- Case Management
Specific tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Working closely with Regional Change and Delivery manager
- Organize and participate in project meetings and workshops to define solutions and building consensus to achieve defined milestone as per project plan
- Assist in developing business requirement document to include local and regional requirements and user requirements for feasibility study, proof of concept and project implementation
- To liaise with Technology, operations and Regional and Global compliance teams to translate user requirements into clear and consistent functional specifications
- To perform impact assessment of requirement to systems, process and operations with key focus on local and regional requirements
- To review project scope and assist Project lead in building consensus for signoffs
- To create, update and maintain project documents to capture both local and regional regulatory intricacies well within pre-defined project milestones
- To define testing requirements and engage necessary teams and seek approval for functional and user acceptance testing
- To review test plans for correctness and participate in system testing from region to cover local and regional requirements
- To define and conduct user acceptance testing as per project plan
- To build consensus between stakeholders to obtain signoffs on relevant project milestones
- To work closely with business users to enhance operational effectiveness and identify improvements in non-automated components of payment processing and trade finance process
- On need basis, assist Regional head of sanctions in systems related changes including low to medium impact to systems resulting from self-assessment, audit findings, tests or independent checks and regulatory changes.
- Broader understanding of banking products and compliance functions in a financial institution
- 3 -5 years of experience as a business analyst in compliance organization especially related to cash management processing of a major financial institution
- Should possess knowledge of SWIFT standards for payment processing systems
- Should poses strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and structured analysis
- Ability to translate user requirement into clear and concise functional requirements
- Proven track record in leading or at least playing an active/first-hand role in implementing sanctions screening solutions regionally/globally
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and consensus building across different stakeholders
- Well organised and disciplined in maintaining project documentation
- Confident and comfortable in dealing with senior management/stakeholders
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time due to time zone differences