Regional LD Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 21 Aug 17
Regional LD Manager
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Working in partnership with HR to deliver seamless support to the Asia Pacific BAML organization for all Learning and Leadership Development initiatives.
Purpose of the role - how it adds value:
- Provide strong regional voice in respect of senior leader and talent related initiatives and processes, whilst providing an integrated approach to key global stakeholders.
- Partner with the Regional HRE & Team, Regional Head of Business and the Regional Senior Leadership Team to deliver a leading, strategic Talent, Learning and Development agenda to employees across the Asia Pacific Region
- Deliver broad agenda of innovative design and delivery across the specialist HR spectrum
- Leadership development- including offsite facilitation, team effectiveness initiatives and change management efforts.
- Consult to the business on employee engagement initiatives and approach. Drive thought leadership around building the best place to work for APAC Employees
- Provide advisory and coaching support to HR partners and business leaders in the region
- Enabler to leaders driving higher business performance
- Participate in relevant development of the business strategy, ensuring this is translated into a robust Leadership & Talent strategy for the LOB
- As a member of the APAC Leadership Development team, contributes and drives the direction of the function by demonstrating a keen sense of collective ownership for the team success
- Works in partnership with relevant HR teams to optimize efficiency and ensure appropriateness service to the business.
- Upholds the Bank's risk management framework by ensuring that relevant risks are identified, debated, escalated and managed as appropriate
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with key partners to ensure
- Supports the Global LD strategy for each functional group to ensure effective alignment at regional level
Deliverables: criteria/results by which success can be measured
- Considered trusted advisor to key stakeholders, known for quality of advice and ability to push back when required.
- Balances with ability to personally deliver to a demanding, broad project workload
- Function is considered as commercial and aligned to the needs of the business.
- Partner with HRMs and the business to achieve the following across APAC.
- Build leadership & talent pipeline to enable achievement of current and future business objectives
- Optimize performance of organization and teams
- Ensure organizational structure and design aligns with business objectives
- Boost employee satisfaction and engagement
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with key LD, HR, business and functional leaders and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the Support functions and their strategy and leverage the wider HR model where appropriate to render effective support to HR and the business.
- Support and drive appropriate functional or HR projects, change programmes and organizational initiatives in line with specific measures of success
Critical Competencies: skills and abilities required for the role
BAC Leadership Competencies:
- Focuses on Customers & Clients
- Builds Organizational Alignment
- Influences with Impact
- Acts with Courage & Conviction
BAC Standard Competencies
- Contracts with Leaders/Business Partners
- Demonstrates Global Business Perspective
- Operates as a Trusted Partner
- Values & Leverages Diversity
- Facilitates Integrated HR Solutions
- Understands the Client's Needs to Deliver HR Solutions
Experience: Relevant experience for the role
- Experience in operating and delivering in a complex, fast paced, global financial services ( or equivalent ) with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to make a strong business case for interventions, demonstrating clear value add for the business.
- Background in Human Resources, Leadership Development or Consultancy, with extensive experience of the consultancy cycle, with particular focus on effective engagement and delivery through others.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- Strong execution skills.
- Ability to facilitate classroom based management and leadership development initiatives and senior leader offsites an advantage.
- Proven success in managing multiple relationships with senior stakeholders in LOB/HR.
- Leadership in driving HR related projects and change initiatives
Other Significant Role Requirements: further key factors which have a bearing on a candidate's ability to perform
- Ability to challenge, influence and build collaborative relationships across business and geographical boundaries
- Confident navigator of business and functional matrices; demonstrates intuitive understanding of internal politics.
- Ability to cope with a wide range of conflicting priorities in a demanding and fast moving environment
Scope of Role:
- APAC region - supporting regional function teams in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
- Support focused at Exco level senior leaders and their teams in APAC Region.
- Includes key emerging senior leader pipeline.
- Strong specialist HR/Leadership Development experience, with robust understanding of HR operating model and Talent Management
- Experience of industry standard leadership development models and psychometrics an advantage.
- Specialist education is an ideal i.e. coaching, organizational psychology etc
Posting Date: 05/07/2017
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40