- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 27 Sep 16
Electronic trading depends on high volume, high quality data. This includes inputs like historical market data, realtime monitoring and analytics for consumption by trading systems, users and clients, and reporting at end of day or across large historical data ranges. Sophisticated quantitative analysis of trading performance drives improvement of the existing electronic trading platform and innovation in new product offerings.
The big data platform providing these services is a complex mix of technologies, requiring sophisticated software development and design approaches. The technical landscape also includes a new generation of open source and proprietary technologies that allow greater developer productivity, higher performance and better returns on hardware costs. ETT is investing to strengthen and maintain the existing platform (q/kdb+, Java), refresh through evergreening work, and replace with new generation data technologies (eg Apache STORM, Cassandra), as part of a global platform build out. Success requires working with development, traders, quants, support and infrastructure teams to deliver a high quality, end to end solution.
Role / Responsibilities / Key objectives
- Develop and extend our systems for performance, coverage and new functionality. Analyze large data sets.
- Work with technology and business groups in the region and globally to deliver high quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- We require a hands-on senior developer who can show initiative, deliver business value and contribute to the design & architecture of the platform.
Essential Skills (Technical / Business Domain / Managerial/ Soft skills)
- Design skills and programming experience on high performance systems in either Java or q/kdb+
- Big data knowledge including real time stream processing, analytics and large data stores
- Finance knowledge, with equity front office desirable
Desired Skills (Technical / Domain / Managerial/ Language skills)
- Electronic trading knowledge and experience
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Agile software process experience such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, LeSS
- Kdb+ / q, Apache STORM, Apache Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Oracle, ELK, Zookeeper
- Web and user experience (UX) skills
- Test and build pipeline automation including BDD, Selenium, Robot framework, Ansible
- Unix (Linux), Windows
Posting Date: 19/09/2016
Location: Singapore - Singapore
Full / Part-time: Full time