Pre Sales Consultant
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 29 Sep 16
Pre Sales Consultant
The Pre-Sales Consultant is a product and collateral specialist, working within Securities & Finance team. The role will involve working closely with the sales team and clients in order to manage client requirements and expectations throughout the sales process, but also to elaborate the most suitable solutions and bundles.
The Pre-Sales Consultant is a highly motivated individual who can successfully work with all levels in an organization to successfully deliver key messages about the FIS Apex solution suite via presentation and product demonstration. The Pre-Sales Consultant will be based in Singapore or Hong Kong and will be reporting directly to Head of Pre-sales.
The Pre-Sales Consultant's primary role is to deliver the business and technical features of the Apex Collateral product, with the core objective of successfully supporting the sales organization. This includes the following tasks:
Deliver sales presentations and solution demonstrations, and provide coverage at annual trade shows and client events
- Provide technical expertise in the pre-sales process in collaboration with sales team
- Identify and qualify clients' business and functional requirements in order to obtain initial project estimates, identify solution gaps after gathering clients' requirements and communicate back to product management
- Respond to RFI's / RFP / client queries in a timely and professional manner
- Develop new business opportunities across SunGard segments, join other business unit for comprehensive demonstrations and interface with the product management, professional services, support and development organizations
- As a market expert, be aware of industry trends, drivers and regulatory initiatives; understand the competitive offerings and their differentiators in the market, read trade and industry journals to keep abreast of industry thoughts and initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent preferred
- Substantial previous experience in Collateral, stock lending or repo department(s) (operation, optimization…) and understanding of their processes
- Experience in client facing activities
- Understanding of the entire sales cycle, from market research through to contract signing
- Good grasp of technology and technical concepts
- Analytical and consultative approach to client engagements
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation abilities
FIS has acquired SunGard. Pushing the pace of financial technology, together we'll help our clients solve technology challenges for their business - whether it's capital markets in Mumbai or community banking in Macon.
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk & compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 55,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
Learn more at http://www.fisglobal.com/ www.fisglobal.com
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Please note all offers are contingent on successfully passing the pre-employment checks. These may include:
- Previous Employment
- Highest Education
- Career Gap Analysis
- Extended Blacklists
- Credit Check
- Basic Criminal
This list is not exhaustive.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability