Network Engineer (12 month Direct Contract)
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
A dynamic individual is required to join the Network Engineering team under Technology Infrastructure to govern our network products and delivery processes.
The key challenge will be to deliver the requirements below in an environment with a high rate of growth:
- s a member of the Engineering Team (Products and Standards Control)
- Perform the role of network product and process governance
- Manages Product Roadmap and Product Catalog
- Ensure timely review, evaluation and approval to release new Network Products & Software replacing End of Sales, end of Life
- Review and revise the Product Life Cycle Methodology and documentation
- Define Design and Configuration Standards
- Maintain Security Standards & Patch Management
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferably possess a valid Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, CCIE certification in Routing & Switching or Security
- Strong knowledge in Network Security technology
- Strong knowledge in Routing and Switching, eg. BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, VSS, Multicast, QOS
- Knowledge and experience in both Juniper & Cisco Switches
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience in infrastructure development life-cycles, testing, implementation, systems administration and support.
- Solid experience in capacity and performance monitoring and planning.
- Solid experience in Network Management systems HPOV NNM, IBM Tivoli / Netcool, CA Spectrum etc
- Experience in WAN Optimization techniques / products Cisco WAAS, Bluecoat, Juniper WX (Peribit), Riverbed Steelhead etc
- Strong documentation and project skills
- Significant working knowledge of:
- Operating Systems : Solaris, AIX, Linux, and Windows ,
- Firewall( Multiple Vendors)
- Webservers: IIS, Apache
- Application & Middleware : Websphere, Weblogic
- Routers & Switches: Cisco Catxxx, Cisco 72xx, 35xx
- Load Balancers: F5, Alteon, Cisco Ace, Citrix
- Significant Analytical experience in analyzing the data from software monitoring tools in order to support application development or performance modeling and analysis and tuning.
- Experience with terminal servers, Citrix, DNS, VPN's, proxies and encryption devices
- Significant practical experience in analyzing testing results to assess required software and infrastructure tuning.
- Experience in security tools, IDS and penetration testing systems
- Good technical leadership and sound problem analysis and resolution abilities.
- Ability to write technology proposals and business recommendations would be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills within the technology community
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.