Network Engineer (12 Months Direct Contract)
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
ROLE: Snr Network Engineer (12 month Contractor)
REPORTS TO: Network Engineering Manager
DEPARTMENT: Technology & Operations
Key Roles and Responsibilities
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / CHALLENGES:
A dynamic individual is required to join the Network Engineering team under Technology Infrastructure to enhance our Infrastructure development and change the bank capability within our bank's business. The key challenge will be to deliver the requirements below in an environment with a high rate of growth:
- Reports to the Core Network Infrastructure Solutions & Delivery Manager.
- Is the design authority of LAN, WAN, wireless, Load Balancing technology
- Be the Network Operations escalation contact for High Severity incidents and possess strong troubleshooting skills to stabilize and resume services within the stipulated SLA
- Provides consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and technology production services for system integration, product evaluation, projects, new business engagements (i.e. acquisitions, integrations, new premises, major projects)
- Delivers high quality engineering solutions for the bank for both internal & external connectivity requirements.
- Build, deploy and commission high quality communications infrastructure.
- Identify and recommend new technology that will add value to the organization in terms of performance and cost.
- Develop a centre of excellence for WAN/LAN connectivity services
- Develop influential and trustworthy working relationships with other technology and business peers to communicate and achieve performance objectives. This should be aimed at reduced decision-making and implementation times.
- Value - add to various technology streams by timely and proper engagement and recommending appropriate solutions. E.g. recommends tuning of systems, reduction in latency supporting high performance trading and e-Commerce.
- Develops relationships with IT vendors and partners for the benefit of the bank and business.
- Recommends appropriate level of instrumentation and thresholds set to facilitate monitoring.
- Undertake continuous improvement for the current Network Infrastructure
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferably possess a valid Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, CCIE or a Juniper Network Certified Internetwork Expert, JNCIE certification
- Strong knowledge in WAN technology like MPLS, Ethernet WAN, PBB
- Strong knowledge in Routing and Switching, eg. BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, VPC, Multicast, Wireless
- Knowledge and experience in Cisco Switches
- Experience in Juniper Switches an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience in infrastructure development life-cycles, testing, implementation, systems administration and support.
- Solid experience in capacity and performance monitoring and planning.
- Significant working knowledge of:
- Operating Systems : Solaris, AIX, Linux, and Windows
- Firewalls : Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA, Juniper Netscreen,
- Webservers: IIS, Apache
- Application & Middleware : Websphere, Weblogic
- Routers & Switches: Cisco Catxxx, Cisco 72xx, 35xx, Juniper EX series
- Load Balancers: F5, Alteon, Cisco Ace
- Experience with Market Data systems, Reuters RMDS, Bloomberg, EBS, ECN's and Exchange connectivity.
- Experience in low latency e-commerce systems
- Understanding of Extranet and Internet business solutions including Radianz, TNS, Savis etc.
- Significant Analytical experience in analyzing the data from software monitoring tools in order to support application development or performance modeling and analysis and tuning.
- Experience with terminal servers, Citrix, DNS, VPN's, proxies and encryption devices
- Significant practical experience in analyzing testing results to assess required software and infrastructure tuning.
- Experience in security tools, IDS and penetration testing systems
- Good technical leadership and sound problem analysis and resolution abilities.
- Ability to write technology proposals and business recommendations would be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills within the technology community.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.