Manager - Real Time Interaction, Analytics Platforms
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Work with Retail Analytics & Data Project Director to build & enhance data platforms to...
- Enable transition to a differentiated client-focussed retail business.
- Enhance ability to direct the right conversations, at the right times through the right channels.
- Enable sustainable growth in the retail client business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver tactical and strategic infrastructure roadmaps for analytics and data platforms including both structured and unstructured data.
- As Business Project Manager, lead development of 360° Daily/Real-Time Client View with Comprehensive view across demographic, product, channel & external data e.g. social media in Hadoop (Hive, HBase).
- Collaborate and Lead cross functional project team including technology, finance & compliance - Manage delivery within established financial and timeline constraints.
- Help rollout real time use cases across countries as per product roadmap.
- Work with data scientist to implement business rules for use case scenarios.
- Work closely with digital channels team to implement the real time use cases.
- Manage vendor time and allocation on various project activities.
- Produce project plans and keep track of the project status.
- Create weekly progress reports for consumption by senior stakeholders.
- Help handle escalations and conflicts to progress daily projects agenda.
- Work closely with key stakeholders from country analytics teams to maintain future product roadmap.
- Managing Director, Retail Clients Analytics.
- Executive Director, Head Retail Clients Analytics Centre of Excellence.
- Technology Project Manager, Retail Data and Analytics
- Project Director , Retail Data and Analytics
- Regional Heads, Retail Clients Analytics
- Lead, Infrastructure Services & Operations
- Lead, Product Engineering, Enterprise Data Mgmt
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Technology, Statistics or Economics) from a leading institution.
- Strong understanding of data in retail banking domain
- Strong technology project portfolio and project management skills.
- Proven leadership track record driving business performance and securing sponsorship of senior stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of digital channel and related technologies
- Experience in solutions using technologies such as Hadoop/Hive/Hbase/NoSQL
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities while executing on numerous deliverables simultaneously
- Basic Understanding of statistical analysis, modelling, "big data" and "big analytics".
- 8+ years' experience in similar roles.
- Broad understanding of retail banking
- Thought leadership - able to create, rationalise and organise
- Strong leadership, people management & development skills
- Strong Influencing and networking skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.