Legal Counsel, Wealth Management UHNW & GFO
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 19 Aug 17
Do you have experience with legal and regulatory matters related to UHNW and GFO clients? Are you interested in being part of a global team of legal experts? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with the "occasional" challenging deadline spurring you rather than putting you off? Do you like entering uncharted water territory? We're looking for someone like this to:
– support the bank's busy and growing UHNW/GFO business
– be part of a dedicated legal team that provides high quality, clear and concise legal advice and bespoke solutions to accommodate the specific and sophisticated needs of UHNW and GFO in a timely and consistent manner
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be based in Legal Wealth Management Singapore, together with a team of legal experts in the bank, you will be part of a global team that:
– support the UHNW & GFO business agenda and projects through providing strategic advice and guidance with respect to the applicable legal standards, regulatory rules and trends
– develop and maintain the segment specific global framework including adequate risk mitigation measures;
– advise our business on all matters regarding UHNW & GFO client needs, including advising on pre-IPO & private investments, bespoke trusts & complex wealth planning needs and drafting related legal documents;
– validate initiatives related to UHNW & GFO businesses including assessment of related New Business Initiatives and complex transactions;
– support our global strategic initiatives and projects and growth strategy.
Your experience and skills
– at least 10 years PQE, either in private practice or in house
– structuring capabilities for bespoke solutions
– practical knowledge in the application of various Singapore law and regulatory requirements, in particular relating to SFA, Singapore Listing Rules and Takeovers Code and global derivative regulations
– cross-jurisdictional know-how on product selling restrictions and related regulations will be an advantage
– no difficulty in interacting directly with a large number of internal and external stakeholders at various levels and in delivering complex and high level messages effectively to them
– a highly-motivated, intellectually curious and flexible lawyer
– creative and business-minded yet always striking a balance between the business needs and the risk appetite of the bank
– someone with a "can do" attitude and is prepared to roll up the sleeves
– able to translate legal issues into business terms for non-lawyer audience
– able to handle pressure and used to working to challenging deadlines
– adept at building strong networks and connections
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.