Informix Database Manager
- $8,000 - $10,000 per month
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Singapore , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 14 Sep 16
Informix Database Manager You will act as Informix subject matter expert and team leader.
- Have at least 5-8 years of database administration experience in a mission critical 24 x 7 environment – primarily Informix database on a Unix (Solaris/AIX) platform.
- Perform Installation, Configuration, Upgrading of Informix database and related products.
- Bear the complete responsibility of ensuring database availability and performance.
- Maintain sound Backup & Recovery policies and procedures.
- Proactively monitor and tune databases for optimum performance
- Have strong ownership, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Have a strong articulation skill to promote the best database management practices (Design, Implementation & Management) and the ability to coordinate major systems events such
as infrastructure upgrades, database upgrades, patching, application upgrades, load tests &storage migration.
- Implement/Manage Informix High Availability & Disaster Recovery systems.
- Have a good knowledge in 4GL programs and the intricacies of its interactions with Informix databases.
- Have a strong scripting (SQL & Shell) skills and inclination towards automation of day-to-day tasks.
- Have sound knowledge on 3rd party tools’ (ODBC, JDBC, OLEDB, and Native APIs) integration.
- Provide 24 x 7 support (on-call)
- Establish and maintain proper project documentation and standards
- Demonstrate stakeholder satisfaction
- Conduct periodic audit review
- Work with IBM for technical support
- Support BCP/DR activities
- Ensure compliance of database licensing & baseline policies.
- Good knowledge on Informix database internals (Memory, Process, Concurrency, etc.)
- Manage a team of DBAs covering various Databases in the environment (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Informix, DB2 & Sybase)
- Advanced working experience in Informix, their related utilities and tools
- Strong physical database design skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Working experience with Database High Availability configurations
- Good knowledge on Database compression and partitioning
- Working experience with Database HW/Platform Migration
- 2-3 years of experience in managing a diverse DBA team
- 1-2 years of experience in Project Management
EA Licence: 16S8091 | EA Registration Number: R1441678