Location: SingaporeThe Role:
We actively seek an Information Systems Engineer with systems engineering and database administration experience to join the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Services team in Singapore. The ERS Services team delivers consultative services that ultimately result in the delivery of custom solutions that are based on Moody's Analytics' credit risk assessment software. Our software is used extensively by commercial banks, other private sector financial institutions, and governmental organizations throughout the world.
Our projects include workflow requirements gathering and design, financial and risk rating model customization, product migration and upgrades, software integration, and data conversion and imports.
The role will provide exposure to the credit risk environment and would suit a highly motivated systems engineering or database administration professional.
- Design, develop, document and maintain repeatable deployment methodologies.
- Create deployment packages.
- Create, build and maintain virtual images for the application/web server layers and the database server layers of our applications.
- Work with the development and quality assurance teams within the ERS Services team to produce deployable media that adheres to designs created in conjunction with our client.
- Interact with software engineers as our team designs and implements innovative processes to keep deployments and associated media current and comprehensible for our clients.
- Coordinate with project management and software engineering leads to produce on-time and consistent project deliverables.
- Work with a diverse global team administering systems and application in a growing world footprint.
- Degree in Computer Science or a closely related technical field.
- Experience creating, configuring and maintaining virtual environments, preferably in a VMWare environment.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting distributed applications on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience installing/upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL databases. Working knowledge of SQL is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Adaptive, imaginative and technically disciplined.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
- Ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines in a changing environment, collaborating with geographically dispersed colleagues from different disciplines. Position requires travel to global datacenters locations.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.