IT Risk and Compliance APAC
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 22 Jun 17
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
- Responsible for developing, directing and managing the overall Information Technology risk management and compliance programs for Corporate IT to ensure effective identification, measurement, control and management of the relevant risks.
- Responsible for overseeing Corporate IT’s overall risk management and compliance efforts and the ongoing quality of the risk management and compliance programs.
- Ensure that the respective risk management and compliance programs address all applicable laws, rules, regulations and relevant business risks as well as corporate requirements, collaborating with Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance, Legal, Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Audit, as appropriate.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and revisions of risk management and compliance procedures and systems within the business unit.
- Monitor applicable regulatory changes and provides effective change management within the business unit
- to address such changes.
- Serve on or chair corporate-wide or industry-sponsored risk management and compliance committees.
- Work closely with management to establish an appropriate risk management and compliance culture throughout Corporate IT.
- Hire, direct, train and coach subordinate staff. Allocate and coordinate resources and handle personnel-related issues parameters of the areas of responsibility and its policies.. Recommend salary increases promotions and bonuses.
- Act as a primary liaison with regulatory agencies, internal and external advisors and other internal control groups on risk and compliance related issues.
- Maintain a network of Risk professionals and manage the delivery of appropriate awareness and training programs
- Establish and Maintain Corporate-wide IT Sarbanes Oxley program
- Serve as Information Security Officer for Corporate IT.
- Serve as a member of the Corporate Information Security program standards review board.
- Provides strategic direction and tactical planning to ensure a comprehensive IT Risk and Compliance program.
- Establish key risk and compliance metrics and supporting tracking procedures and reporting framework to monitor Corporate IT performance.
- Directs, implements, coordinates with cross-functional communication. Develops and establishes operational polices within area managed. May participate in strategy development for corporate function. Requires detailed functional expertise and broad company knowledge
- Manages activities through first or second level managers. Responsible for the effective operation of activities of major significance to the organization. Ensures that budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained
- Participates in the development of overall objectives and long term goals of the organization: Faulty decisions or recommendations would have a long-term effect on the organization’s success