IT Project Manager (Cloud/Big Data)
- Competitive Package
- Permanent, Full time
- Pinpoint Consulting , EA Licence No: 15C7460
- 24 Jun 17
Client of ours is a regional bank looking for strong IT Project Managers to join them in the Tech Service and Delivery group. The PM is responsible and accountable for management of IT projects in the Consumer/Retail Banking domain.
Roles & Responsiblities
- Prepare project feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and proposals and obtain required approvals from appropriate IT management and project sponsors.
- Establish project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames, and assign tasks.
- Identify, track and communicate project progress, milestones, deliverables changes and dependencies within the schedule, costs, issues and risks.
- Manage team’s performance of project tasks, provide technical advice and guidance, schedule assignments and training for development, prepare performance appraisals.
- Coordinate project activities across multiple development, product management, user experience and QA teams in a matrix organization.
- Secure acceptance and approval of deliverables or revisions to the project from the project sponsor and stakeholders.
- Manage vendor relationship and deliverables.
- Evaluate and recommend purchases of software packages, hardware and service vendors where appropriate.
- Ensure work deliverables are in compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements.
- Plan for and oversee preparation of documentation of each project phase (business requirements, functional specification, project plan, test strategy, test plan, etc), training and support in new/modified applications.
- Knowledge in Consumer Banking Product/Process is essential.
- Experience in digital banking, supplier chain will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of technical aspects of system integration in a mix technology environment.
- Tertiary education required.
- 8 years in project management in IT in investment bank delivering projects exceeding S$ 1 mil.
- Certification or formal training in project management is an advantage.
- Self starting with excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to resolve complex problems creatively.
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders.