IT Infrastructure Project Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 23 Sep 16
We are looking to recruit a dynamic IT professional who can demonstrate enthusiasm, maturity and skill to lead the APAC Infrastructure Project Delivery team. The role is varied with requirements coming from multiple areas within Infrastructure such as User Services, Platform Services, Communications, Service Management.
- The Singapore IT Infrastructure Team provides high quality IT support for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region
- The team also provides a change capability via the planning and implementation of projects
Overview of role
We are looking to recruit a dynamic IT professional who can demonstrate enthusiasm, maturity and skill to lead the APAC infrastructure project delivery team. The role is varied with requirements coming from multiple areas within Infrastructure such as User Services, Platform Services, Communications, Service Management and business-led initiatives.
- Act as the primary point of contact for infrastructure projects in the region.
- Take regional ownership of the regional infrastructure projects portfolio, for budgets, scope and timelines
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key stakeholders to understand their requirements for project creation and delivery
- Provide leadership for a small team of a project managers
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure projects roadmap in the region
- Deliver projects to agreed budget, timescales and functionality using the Schroders project delivery framework from inception through to post implementation review
- Agree project objectives and scope with the Project Sponsor and Steering Group
- Set up and run project governance committees as required
- Ensure project plans are developed and agreed with the Project Sponsor, the Steering Group and other key stakeholders and that the project is delivered in accordance with those plans
- Manage incoming and outgoing dependencies
- Manage the scope of projects documenting and controlling the impact of change
- Identify, acquire and manage the human and technical resources required by projects
- Manage project budgets, highlighting over- or under-spend at the appropriate level
- Identify and manage project risks, issues and assumptions
- Track, monitor and report on overall progress (time, cost and quality) and any potential for change
- Manage project communication and ensure the project documentation is completed and accepted
- Manage operational readiness and ensure handover to support, the business and other key stakeholders is delivered successfully
- Ensure projects are closed effectively holding project closure meetings when appropriate.
- Ensure all project related data is accurate and presentable to any level of the organisation.
- Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment
- Background in financial services or similar regulated industry
- A demonstrable track record of successful delivery of multiple infrastructure projects to challenging targets in a structured environment using a mixture of resource types and across different regional locations
- Ability to work with business-led teams to deliver Infrastructure for large application projects
- Delivery to senior level stakeholders
- Managing internal resources and external suppliers
- Project delivery in a large, structured organisation matrix environment
- Agile Safe delivery methods
- Formal qualifications in Project Management such as PRINCE2, APM, PMI & Agile would be an advantage
- Team management and mentoring
- High level of personal initiative and an ability to work independently as well as collaborate in teams
- Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Good problem solving skills, positive and with a can-do attitude.
- Strong communication skills – written, pictorial, presentational, verbal – at all levels within the organisation, both regionally and globally
- Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the project.
- A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of technological, regulatory and other environmental changes impacting financial services.
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
- Strong self-organisation with a proactive approach to tasks
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- A flexible approach to working hours as evening and escalated work may be required over weekends
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation