IFRS9 Finance Test Lead
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Test Lead is responsible for planning the test execution plans, and ensuring that test execution tasks are assigned and executed accordingly. They are responsible for mitigating business risks through timely, precise execution and validation of test results. They must work closely with development teams to create test plans for enhancements and application fixes. They will work under minimal supervision to carry out procedures and execute testing to ensure that the application meeting project engagement and requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Project Test Delivery
- Perform functional and technical test execution activities as per engagement in the test project.
- Accountable for assigned project deliverables, including accurate test reporting to the test manager.
- Manage test projects by working closely with the application team to understand project requirements.
- Plan, analyze, design, develop, and execute test cases (where applicable).
- Identify test environment requirements and liaise (and coordinate) with staff in testing support.
- Task planning/scheduling and allocation of tasks to senior / test engineers, and ensure work done according to the test schedule.
- Facilitate problem resolution, and verify fixes received from application team.
- Conduct reviews and inspections of project deliverables (eg. FS, system test results, etc.) and provide feedback.
- Assist the test manager in managing day-to-day testing activities, such as test monitoring and status reporting.
- Assist the test manager in performing test estimation for small or tiny projects.
- Follow the test process and continuously improve the quality of the test process, along the project progress
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project in relation to the test quality.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of delivery of testing assignments
- Report and update test status and highlight risks promptly and accurately.
- Manage business users in guiding them with sufficient test process to proceed with User Acceptance Test (UAT)
- Able to implement test process within various project models and technology platform.
- Able to work as a team and be proactive in providing out-of-the box solution if required.
- Good understanding and able to apply test processes laid down within the test team, and/or standards as defined by project and SCB.
- Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
- Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Able to manage multiple projects whilst still ensuring process compliance and deliverables are adhere to.
Qualifications and Skills
Academic & Professional
Field of Study
Computer Science /Information Technology / Banking