- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 11 Aug 17
Head, Employee Relations Product & Policy
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Global Head of Employee Relations and Conduct, the role holder is globally accountable for a range of products/ processes across the Employee Relations space . This includes design, development and facilitating the implementation of these products or process as well as their ongoing improvement. They are recognized as a global expert in their chosen HR discipline both internally and externally.
Setting Direction for ER Products
- Align Product Philosophy and Policy with the Bank's Here for Good Ambition, our culture, the global HR Strategy and overall ER purpose of shaping behaviours and culture through protecting the Bank against employee related risk
- Provide overall thought leadership and setting a long term direction for the Group of ER products owned.
- Design and management of the ER Products ensuring rigorous standards are defined and adhered to.
- Adaptation of Products to respond to any changes in ER Strategy and/or Structure.
- Provide Product Solutioning support to meet evolving needs in the above space.
- Build and update Process maps and Product User Guides for the group of ER Products owned.
- Responsible for the overall risk management within the remit of these products including policy dispensations, stress testing and business control sample testing. Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Utilisation of Dashboard and metrics to drive product design, development and improvement.
- Working with Head, ER Systems & Integration to support the integration of Technology across above 3 ER Products.
- Work with other Specialist Functions (example, L&C, FCC etc) to collaborate, leverage synergies and present a joint up solution on key & related Product areas.
- Communication of any Product enhancements and/or changes to relevant audience.
- Build core curriculum and appropriate Learning frameworks and mechanisms for three groups : the ER team, HR Business Partners & Line Managers working with the Learning team.
- Continuously review and update Learning solutions on an annual basis.
- Facilitate and deliver direct Product training where required in partnership with the Learning team.
- Ensure these products drive the Bank's Conduct agenda further by reinforcing the Bank's values and behaviours.
- Providing input based on learnings from the three products/processes into the overall Employee experience and engagement strategy and work.
- Support the execution of a performance driven culture.
- Continuous education of Product nuances, changes and any external developments to key stakeholder groups, ie ER team, HRBPs, relevant Specialist functions, country teams.
- Build external networks and remain up to date with legislative change and developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
- Contribute to Global ER Agenda and ERLT through participation in key projects and initiatives.
- Establish a strong two way process with the countries and regions to support embedding of the products in all our markets as well as receiving local feedback and input as appropriate.
- Maintain oversight of any local changes required to products due to local legislation or regulation.
- Coordinating the sharing of best practices, learnings & challenges across countries as they arise.
- Country & Regional ER Heads.
- HR Legal
- Conduct team
- Country & Regional HR Heads and HRBPs
- HR Risk
- Legal & Compliance including FCC
- External legal counsel for HR
- Proven technical competence in ER Products, philosophies, processes and practices.
- Understanding and practical experience of managing high complexity Employee Relations activities.
- Knowledge of other HR Products to enable linkages.
- Experience in delivering ER Learning solutions and facilitating product training is preferred.
- Strong solutioning orientation to cater to changing and evolving needs.
- Relationship/Stakeholder Management and Influencing. Capable of influencing decisions at Country and Group level as well as within HR and across businesses.
- Forms effective relationships with key stakeholders and able to build credibility for the function.
- Ability to stand up for what is right in the face of adversity.
- Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required.
- Role models the values and demonstrates a strong moral compass in all decision making.
- Strong team orientation, working effectively in virtual international teams.
- Good mixture of both ER specialist and HR Business Partner experience
- Experience of designing and delivering OD interventions
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.