Head - Project Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 29 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Job Title Technology Services Infrastructure Portfolio Manager
Reporting to Global Head, Project Delivery
Standard Chartered Bank continues to invest in significant technology projects and programs to increase stability, support business growth and drive innovation.
A large number of these projects require the delivery of Infrastructure Solutions. The delivery of these solutions is the responsibility of the Group Technology Services Project Delivery. This function is split into a number of business-aligned portfolios; for example to deliver the infrastructure projects for the Wholesale Bank. Each portfolio is lead and managed by an Infrastructure Portfolio Manager.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions in response to requests from their respective portfolio. This delivery is achieved through the execution of high quality project management in accordance with the firm's infrastructure delivery lifecycle and project management methodology based on PMI philosophy.
While scale, scope and complexity of projects may vary, most are required to be delivered under tight deadlines, across multiple geographic locations, with demanding stakeholders and under strict financial scrutiny.
In order to achieve success, applicants will need to leverage skills and experiences in the following fields.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Project Management Methodology (PMP, Prince II)
- Team Leadership
- Experience of delivering complex infrastructure programmes
- Experience of working in a multi-geography and diverse environment. An advocate of team multi culture and collaborative working.
- Proven track record in working with complexity and matrix organization, with excellent ability to create a network & influence decision making process
- Strategic thinker with a commercial and pragmatic approach
- Excellent risk and issue management
- Strong communication skills with an excellent standard of English, strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical and presentation skills.
- Flexible and responsive in order to handle changing priorities.
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Roles and Responsibilities (inclusive, but not limited to)
Initiating & Planning
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients requirements and how best to respond from an infrastructure perspective - taking into consideration their past experiences, their immediate challenges, and their strategic roadmap.
- An appreciation of how the wider financial markets, consumer banking or wholesale banking industry plays into the hopes and aspiration of our own business would be hugely beneficial.
- Managing the assigned resources from the Engineering Group to ensure that a cost effective solution to the requirements is designed in line with the Bank's technology standards.
- Planning - collaborate with stakeholders to develop a realistic project management plan to deliver the agreed infrastructure solution, on time and to budget - and in accordance with the banks infrastructure delivery lifecycle process.
- Ensuring availability of required resources to deliver projects to the agreed time line and budget.
- Take accountability for successful end-to-end delivery of the infrastructure requirements across the portfolio
- Identify, mitigate and communicate key assumptions, issues, risks and dependencies to stakeholders and governance committees.
- Ensures internal process, standards and risk compliance (including security, regulatory and audit requirements) are met
- Ensuring that systems are commissioned following appropriate change control processes, and with knowledge transfer, training and required operational documentation provided to the Business-As-Usual (BAU) teams
- Where required, re-engineer solutions due to any changes in scope, ensuring effective project change control and reforecast.
- Review of solutions post-implementation & follow through to project sign-off & closure
- Work with relevant senior stakeholders to understand emerging demand within the portfolio
- Understand and communicate the demand pipeline and help to prioritize requests within the portfolio
- Communicate the infrastructure strategy and roadmap to relevant stakeholders
- Provide line management, mentoring and coaching of staff
- Act as a role model living and demonstrating the Bank's values at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
Skills and Experience
The following skills are required to be successful in performing this position.
- Preferably have Certification in Project Management (e.g. PMP, Prince II)
- Must have extensive Infrastructure Management Experience (7yrs+)
- Must be experienced in a complex, multi-national organization - an advocate of team multi culture and collaborative working
- Must have an understanding of infrastructure technologies; including open systems (UNIX/Windows), databases, storage area network, local/wide area networks, middleware, application servers, software development environments, high availability, systems management and security infrastructure.
Must be able to manage and responsibly navigate barriers to progress.
- Must be able to identify risks and issues, mitigate and communicate to the project team, program management and associated steering committee members.
- Must be able to prioritize (including multi-tasking) and control activities and deliver results within budgetary and resource constraints.
- Must be able to manage external (vendor) resources.
- Must have experience of managing project finances - forecasting, actuals, accruals, estimating
In addition to the above, experience of IT Operations and/or leading SDLC projects would be an advantage.
- Must be a motivated and enthusiastic leader with a can-do attitude.
- Must have a track record of delivering results from diverse teams
- Must possess excellent communication and influencing skills, particularly in liaison with internal & external service providers and senior leadership
- Must be independent and confident, but willing and able to harness the expertise of others.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, and individually with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - the ability to easily develop effective relationships with colleagues across the firm
- Ideally experience in working with application development teams in systems development support and project deployments.
- Banking industry experience would be hugely beneficial, especially in consumer banking, wholesale banking or financial markets.
- Experience in Commercials.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.