Functional Business Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 17 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Group Information Security - Identity & Access Management
Business Title: Functional Business Analyst
Function: Identity & Access Engineering
Job Grade: 7
Group Information Security (GIS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank. It is the GIS mission to protect the Bank from information security threats by delivering effective information security services, responding to security incidents and educating staff. The GIS team is instrumental in ensuring the Bank soundly meets its commitments to internal and external stakeholders and maintains an appropriate cyber security defence posture. Furthermore, the GIS team plays a significant part in the Bank's 'Here for Good' vision and brand promise.
The importance of our mission has strengthened over time and is a principle concern for shareholders, clients, regulators and the communities we operate in. Our Banks success depends on the Group Information Security Function to maintain the correct balance of security capabilities and risk management across the all businesses and functions across our global footprint.
Security Engineering & Major Programmes are responsible for driving strategic direction of Information Security products, ensuring the successful execution of major "change the bank" initiatives across the organisation, spanning Application & Infrastructure Security Solutions.
Main Purpose of Job:
The Functional Business Analyst will work as part of a small team to document requirements for boarding of the business applications into our Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution for user provisioning/ deprovisioning and recertification services across Standard Chartered.
The BA role will focus on complex, high profile projects. Supporting project teams in research and background information, bringing forth and detailing business requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, use-case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, data modelling and object modeling.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Work through requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops.
* Collect and analyze the project's business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to the development team.
* Develop wire frames, workflows, use case diagrams, flowcharts, and other analysis-type documentation.
* Development of test scenarios and test cases, and testing activities necessary to assess the quality and completion of system implementations
* Review and/or prepare system documentation and specifications in accordance with methodology.
* Facilitate requirements prioritization based on business value
* Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
* Assist in enforcement of project deadlines, schedules, and methodologies
* Create content for end-user communication and conduct end-user training on the new toolsets
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications & Skills:
* The candidate must be process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
* Minimum 4 years experience in Information Security (Identity and Access Management), preferably in Banking and Financial services sector
* Must have a clear understanding of the concepts of Identity Management and end to end information flow. Cadidate must have a an understanding of industry best practices for access administration (Provisioning, de-provisioning), access enforcements (authentication protocols) and access governance (certification, logging monitoring etc.)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate, compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations across diverse cultures
* Understanding of audit and compliance requirements applicable in a compliance industry in a must
* CISSP; CISSP-ISSEP certification preferred. Other relevant security certifications will be considered.
* ISEB Certification/ strong understanding desirable
* Strong presentation skills with an excellent standard of English
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a troubleshooting mindset
* Must be articulate and composed when delivering difficult messages to stakeholders
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 07/10/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.