Financial Engineer/Quantitative Developer
- Permanent, Full time
- LMA Recruitment , EA Licence No: 11C4684
- 20 Sep 16
Our banking client is looking to recruit a Financial Engineer/Quantitative Developer to join the Credit Risk FE team within the Finance & Risk Product Engineering department. The position requires an experienced candidate with demonstrable skills in quantitative finance as well as the expertise to design, implement and maintain software solutions. The systems involved include vendor products (SunGard Adaptiv Credit Risk, Adaptiv Analytics and Murex), risk factor simulation systems and associated interface and reporting applications. This position is for a place within their Singapore office.
On a day to day basis provide support to the Project Managers within the various programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Design, Development and Testing of in-house solutions.
2. Assist Business Analysts and Software Architects with converting business requirements into system solutions.
3. Assist System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
4. Provide 2nd-level support.
5. Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department and projects.
6. Play an active role in defining and improving the project and the team.
7. Provide project managers weekly status updates and assist in daily project monitoring to ensure deliverables match the schedule.
8. Work with quantitative analysts to implement financial models.
This is a hands-on role requiring an experienced analyst to engage in a fast moving and large scale credit risk solution development program. The candidate is expected to come from a strong mathematical background and be familiar with working on pricing, simulation and related software.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject (e.g. science or engineering degree)
2. A motivated self starter with ability to multitask but requires minimal supervision to meet challenging targets.
3. Able to operate both independently and as a team player with collaborative attitude.
4. Strong analytical skills.
5. Maintain high productivity in a fast paced environment showing effective prioritization skills.
6. Excellent English written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to plan and conduct interviews with business end users on complex topics.
1. Proven exposure over a number of years of large project/programme involvement in financial markets.
2. Good understanding of a range of financial derivatives, particularly IR, FX and commodities.
3. Appreciation of credit risk end-to-end exposure measurement/management processes and operating model.
4. Understanding of Monte Carlo simulation implementation
5. Understanding of counterparty credit risk & credit exposure calculation
1. 10+ years of working experience within a banking/financial markets technology environment.
2. Detailed knowledge of core Java/C++ or other OO language and experience in developing scalable, multi-threaded applications
3. Good understanding of OO design principles and patterns.
4. Experience with XML technologies
5. UNIX and Windows development experience.
6. Able to communicate designs using UML and familiarity with 4+1 architectural view.
7. Knowledge of full implementation life cycles.
1. Understanding of credit exposure metrics, capital requirements and regulation
2. Understanding of current technologies employed by Tier 1 Investment Banking Institutions
3. Experience with Spring, Hibernate, and Messaging middleware
4. Experience with XML technologies (XML, XSLT, Web Services and JAXB)
EA Reg no: R1221146
Licence No.: 11C4684
Company Reg. No.: 201131609D