Facility and Real Estate Management Senior Consultant/ Integrated Work
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) has established a world wide Center of Competency (CoC) to provide Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) thought leadership to GBS and Software Group (SWG). The primary objective of this group is to provide strategy, through leadership and Best Practices, while supporting sales, solutioning and delivery excellence to GBS teams in Europe, North America and Growth Markets. The CoC will initially have a focus on traditional Asset Management and also IWMS.
The role of the Facility and Real Estate Senior Consultant is primarily responsible for being a domain/industry expert as it applies to business operations for public and commercial Facility Management Organizations and Real Estate Management Organizations. This Senior Consultant role is to understand Clients needs and requirements for IWMS and TRIRIGA as a solution to meet those requirements. This includes having a basic understanding of the capabilities of TRIRIGA and its ability to increase operational efficiency and productivity through the basic modules within TRIRIGA and extend those capabilities via Analytics and integration to Building Management Systems.
Global Travel up to 80% is required.
- Assisting IBM teams to identify, quality, and cultivate potential opportunities with key clients in their respective territories.
- Planning, coordinating, and/or participating in specific business development opportunities.
- Demonstrating knowledge in Asset Leadership and Real Estate and Facility Management Industry Best Practices.
- Participating in IBM marketing campaigns and events, by making speeches, writing articles, and assisting in demonstrations.
- Leveraging senior leadership roles in asset management industry, demonstrating responsibility, and improving the management of real estate assets and/or equipment from an operational perspective.
- Demonstrating skills in business planning, capital planning, budgets, and familiarity with developing business cases.
- Leveraging knowledge of IWMS or like solutions (such as Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Computer-aided Facility Management (CAFM), and IWMS or solution, while engaging with sales leaders and customer executives in a polished and articulate manner.
- Providing Industry Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to assist in developing Client business case using best practices, strategy development, business objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) program, and road map to value realization.
- Assisting GBS teams to identify and cultivate potential Smarter Cities opportunities with key clients in their respective territories;
- Lending subject matter expertise to marketing campaigns, conferences and industry events;
- Support collaborating cross brand, cross geography and with outside vendors to develop innovative and comprehensive solutions for IBM clients;
- Assisting in developing the overall value proposition for the proposed deal.
- Helping coordinate the participation of critical IBM Brand resources and third party vendor professionals needed to craft the solution.
- Advising the sales pursuit team on IBM assets and accelerators.
- Writing sections of the proposal documents, including the technical solution, roles and responsibilities, value proposition, and the cost case.
- Participating in preparation of proposal presentations, and presenting and explaining the proposed solution to the customer.
- Participating in developing the overall Win Strategy and engagement plan.
- Articulating the IWMS value proposition to sales leaders and customers.
- Developing detailed business plans and business cases involving strategies, processes, and organization structures to improve the utilization of Real Estate and Assets.
- Identifying a "Value Realization Plan" and the delivery requirements.
- Assisting with the development of technical solutions, project plan and resource estimates.
- Collaborating cross-brand and cross-geo to bring the full-breadth solution to clients and to the industry.
- Work with both clients and IBM account teams to identify, qualify and cultivate potential opportunities with key clients and develop innovative solutions
- Support client workshops to help our clients understand the benefits of Predictive Analytics, implementation approaches and options, as well as predictive insights that could be achieved
- Lend SME expertise to marketing campaigns, conferences and industry events
- Leading asset transformation by using leading strategies, best practices, analytics, and metrics, KPIs, and reporting tools.
- Advising the IBM delivery team, as well as the customer, regarding key decisions related to value realization, best practices, organization alignment, unique Industry specific systems and operations.
- Performing project reviews and providing "on demand" assistance to troubleshoot project issues.
- Managing team of functional and technical resources.
- Experience in understanding lease management and financial requirements and practices.
- Experience in defining selling strategy, deal structure, participating in proposal creation, and participating in oral presentations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Seeking at least 2 years in the following:
- Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) or like solutions implementation consulting.
- Corporate real estate or property management.
- Experience in the transformation of the full lifecycle of Asset Management, across all asset classes.
- Experience in estimating, determining resource requirements, defining delivery models, software development methods.
- Experience in consulting on large implementations including design, leading process work shops, leading design sessions, documentation and implementation of solutions.
- Experience in real estate/estate management systems or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and how they are used.
- Experience in the benefits of managing whole portfolios and treating property as a strategic asset;
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Preferred at least 5 years in the following:
Understanding of complex project management and key drivers of project performance (ISO 15926 standard knowledge preferred)
Background in project management and planing tools associated with Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC)
Ability to build semantic models, understand modeling approaches and predictive methods
Ability to define hypotheses around key project variables and design tests against historical information
Strong Interpersonal skills, ability, and process management skills to coordinate with clients, partners, vendors, suppliers etc.
Modeling and research background specifically with respect to operations process and engineering
Industry process familiarity and understanding of key economic and operating value drivers preferred
Role ( Job Role )
Business Transformation Consultant
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Australia, Sweden, Singapore, United States