- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Test and Delivery Engineering group is modernizing SCB's DevOps capability with a focus on efficiency, automation, and improved transparency. The new DevOps pipeline will run from requirement, user story, and task management in JIRA, through source control, to automated build and packaging, to automated provisioning of cloud-based environments, to automated deploy, and test execution. This is a challenging project that will have significant research, development, integration, and operations components.
The DevOps Early Adopter Programme is being formed to work with leading teams across the bank who have more advanced and urgent needs of the DevOps pipeline. It will embed DevOps engineers within each early adopter team to support them in their DevOps needs while staying aligned with the long term vision for the DevOps pipeline. This will be a cross-functional team with cross over between development and operations.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual for the role of Senior Manager of the DevOps Early Adopter Programme. They will create and lead a team to support 5-10 external early adopter teams. They will be an experienced manager who can work with multiple external stakeholders to define and manage early adopter engagements. They must be able to create and manage a team that is embedded within, and distributed across, multiple groups within the bank, potentially across multiple geographic locations. They must be comfortable working in an agile environment, defining and managing multiple backlogs across multiple groups. They must be able to work with the early adopter teams to come up with the specific technical solutions needed, while maintaining technical alignment with the long-term direction of the DevOps pipeline.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and establish an Early Adopter Programme - model, rules of engagement
- Engage with external stakeholders whose groups may benefit from early adopter status
- Work with early adopter teams to define deliverables aligned to the DevOps vision
- Hire a team of DevOps experts who will be embedded in the early adopter teams
- Manage the book of work and delivery across early adopter teams
- Work closely with DevOps Engineering to implement early adopter features
- Represent early adopter needs in the core DevOps Engineering roadmap and planning
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communicator with experience in senior stakeholder management
- Experienced technical manager who has delivered significant software/ops projects
- Managed in Agile environments with CI / code review / pull requests
- Worked with a DevOps pipeline and is intimately familiar with DevOps
- Self-starter, capable of working without low-level direction
- Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong English communication skills
- Graduate level qualification with Masters in Computer Science
- Created teams from scratch - defining vision and then delivering on the vision
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.