Developer (Java FullStack Development)
- up to 120K + Fringe benefits
- Contract, Full time
- Allegis Global Solutions
- 31 Aug 17
This system developments team is a specialist team of individuals hired to design, develop and enhance proprietary systems that will differentiate the bank in it’s core markets. The new product will be aimed at customer markets globally including: - external customers via the internet, internal Sales users trading on behalf of customers and connectivity into multi-dealer platforms, Settlement and Confirmation systems. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the system development team.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Work on ServerSide development for investment projects, as well as BAU enhancements and bug fixes.
- Work with teams spread across infrastructure, product development, support, test, the front office, Settlement & Confirmation Systems.
- Participate in product requirements discussions.
- Participate in the development of all aspects of product delivery including design documents, functional specifications, and component build
- Make active contributions to the evolving architecture and proactively suggest improvements.
- Ensure senior IT management is aware of any risks issues in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for the system component design and build, ensuring application release quality
- Ensure developed code is fully tested through automated unit tests, if none are present, write new ones.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Adhere to the bank’s development practices
- Manage application support handover to global support teams
- Maintain and enhance the code base after project go-live
- Build relationships with fellow developers
- Advocate delivery excellence, ensuring application release quality
- At-least 5-8 years of project delivery experience on eTrading platforms
- Experience in delivering digital(online) and/or mobile products and/or solutions
- Experience using Agile and/or Iterative methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to organizational quality management and SDLC processes
- Excellent grasp of multithreaded, low latency, high throughput development in J2EE, JSP, Servlets, MVC patterns, Spring Boot, Angular JS, core Java 1.7 and above.
- Cognizant of architecture and heuristics for the dissemination of market data and other real-time information.
- Knowledge of all aspects of software design and development including the judicious use of domain specific languages and code generation techniques
- Working understanding of SQL and simple DDL operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with business representatives and stakeholders.
- Exposure to Cucumber and TDD/BDD.
- UNIX / Linux environment and development experience.
- Exposure to Bitbucket, GIT/Stash, Jenkins, Maven for CI.
- Awareness of Kafka, JMS, MQ.
- Exposure to non SQL DB like Cassandra.
- Understanding of ecommerce product workflow across front office and middle office tiers
- Good understanding of price discovery, deal acceptance, and position management approaches across the Fixed Income OTC product space, including FX, IRS, and Bonds