- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
We are looking for developers who have proven love for mobile platform by learning iOS framework inside out (you know details like ARC, Core Data, lists, and Xcode). If you like to be part of revolutionary team embarking on new initiatives, you're in luck. We're pining for passionate iOS programmers to write beautiful code for our mobile team.
If nothing stands between you and your love for iOS development, you're "The One" we've been waiting for. Don't be coy and wait three days to call us; we want to hear from you now!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
What we want you to do...
You'll be a critical member of a small development team working on our new native iPhone and iPad apps. This isn't an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company's technology, but one where you'll have influence over our whole mobile program, from design to production.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
* Contribute to our native apps written in Swift & Objective-C
* Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that's super-fast for end users
* Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
* Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
* Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
* Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
Qualifications and Skills
Who you are...
You want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You're someone who could get positions at most software companies, but you're looking for the perfect role that has great leadership, a roster of top talent, game-changing product vision, and a work hard/play hard company culture.
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
* 2-7 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
* Bachelors in a related field
* A track record of projects completed on time - you're a flawless executor and know how to build great software
* Evidence of being self-motivated and driven - you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems
* Solid OOP and software design knowledge - you should know how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
* Experience with Swift & Objective-C and a willingness to learn new technologies if needed (ideally you have shipped 1-2 substantial apps and know how to integrate with backend RESTful APIs)
* Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 13/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.