- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 31 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Retail Digital Channels team requires an Agile experienced software developer to lead in the delivery of software assets for the Retail Digital Channels portfolio. The candidate will assist in the delivery of a number of strategic programs; enable communication between delivery units & management teams by their work predominately focused on software development. The candidate will be expected to manage high quality software delivery including the writing, agreeing with partners and successful delivery of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) automated test assets; as well as the coding of the implementation of those assets for Internet Banking, Mobile and other related channel software deliverables.
Major programs - Digital Transformation (Strategic platform), Digital Transformation (Tactical solutions), regulatory work, Group Digital Experience and Proof of Concept projects.
The successful candidate will be an experienced front-end web and mobile application developer with a track record in delivering multiple concurrent, complex projects in a regulated environment, ideally within a financial institutions context. The candidate should have experience working with teams distributed across multiple countries and experience working with program management teams to implement desired high quality software assets with flexible prioritisation in a Scrum based model. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Deliver web and mobile adaptive/responsive web designs
- Work close in UX/UI designs
- Follow a structured approach to software delivery within the team
- Align with the development plans and change agenda of greater team
- Participate in and drive through system requirements gathering, especially in the context of adhering to BDD/TDD principles
- Manage dependencies of all technical deliverables
- Enforce sound technical standards adherence in all deliverables
- Actively own quality of all software written and adhere to rigorous quality standards
- Be active in suggesting positive change for peers and partner teams
- Advocate best practice release and change management protocols for developments consisting of multiple streams.
- Take ownership and accountability of software deliverables
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Software development understanding or experience within a Java, OSGI, Micro-services based software stack (JBOSS Fuse)
- Manage requirements and agreement/approvals with business and QA teams on quality standards both before and after development occurs
- Advocate delivery excellence, minimising delivery risk
- Follow the bank's development methodology and drive enhancements to it where appropriate
- Advocate delivery excellence, ensuring application release quality
- Build relationships with key stakeholders: Business, Fellow technology leaders inside and outside of Retail Digital Channels, Infrastructure teams etc.
- Timely and clear communications to the stakeholder community
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related
- Experience in delivering software in a regulated environment, ideally financial services based to high quality
- Rigorous approach to management of development methodology
- Proven skills in co-ordination, staff management and leadership working with vendors and internal teams
- Strong knowledge of risk and regulatory delivery
- Knowledge of all aspects of software design and development
- Knowledge of all aspects of projects, software development and financial management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully engage with and deliver for a diverse stakeholder community
- Experience with leveraging advanced features and tools in Atlassian software suite
- Experience with Jboss Fuse and/or a strong OSGI, Camel, CXF based development environment
- Proven experience of working in the finance industry driving channel based development to multiple stake holders simultaneously
- Prior experience of engaging with and successfully delivering in large scale projects with (matrix) teams at least 100 FTEs.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 05/10/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.