DevOps Engineer, DevOps Programme & Services
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 29 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The recently formed Test and Delivery Engineering group is tasked with modernizing the DevOps capability of Standard Chartered, with an aim towards efficiency, automation, and improved transparency. A number of positions for outstanding DevOps Engineers have opened where the right individuals will participate in organization change program to renovate existing source code management systems. These individual will be responsible for driving the technical rollout of new DevOps technology to the 1000+ applications in use within the organisation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive the conversion of applications from legacy to target DevOps pipeline through hands-on development
- Keeps current with new technical developments for potential use as solutions to requirements
- Provides consultancy and advisory services to the systems development and support teams for devops automation and orchestration.
- Undertakes continuous improvement and support for the current Infrastructure
- Identifies and recommends new technology that will add value to the organization in terms of performance and cost
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate level qualification or above with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ yrs experience in development capacity, with a strong background in C++, C#, Java or Python
- In depth understanding and active practitioner of DevOps practices, and related tooling, including Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, JIRA
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods
- Knowledge of Virtualised environments is useful
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 15/08/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.