- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 31 Aug 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Test and Delivery Engineering group is modernizing SCB's DevOps capability with a focus on efficiency, automation, and improved transparency. The new DevOps pipeline will run from requirement, user story, and task management in JIRA, through source control, to automated build and packaging, to automated provisioning of cloud-based environments, to automated deploy, and test execution. This is a challenging project that will have significant research, development, integration, and operations components.
The DevOps Early Adopter Programme is being formed to work with leading teams across the bank who have more advanced and urgent needs of the DevOps pipeline. It will embed DevOps engineers within each early adopter team to support them in their DevOps needs while staying aligned with the long term vision for the DevOps pipeline. This will be a cross-functional team with cross over between development and operations.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Senior DevOps Engineer. These persons will work with early adopter teams to define, implement, and roll out the DevOps components they need. They will be experienced DevOps professionals who have configured, deployed, and supported the components of a typical DevOps pipeline. They will be mature individuals who are comfortable working in an agile environment with critical peer review of design and code. They will have experience in working closely with the programmers to come up with the best solutions and systems.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Manage DevOps pipeline for early adopter teams
* Work with early adopter teams to identify their specific, unusual needs
* Work with core DevOps Engineering team to build solutions for early adopters
* Deploy and maintain custom, team-specific DevOps solutions for early adopters
* Maintain team-specific infrastructure for early adopter teams
* First level of debugging for systems and networking problems in the DevOps pipeline
Qualifications and Skills
* Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
* Strong DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory
* Configuration and deployment tools experience - Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, or Puppet
* Strong scripting skills - Python, Ruby, or similar; Perl at a minimum
* Cloud deployment and systems management experience - AWS
* Strong knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP - must understand strace and tcpdump output
* Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
* Strong English communication skills
* Breadth of knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing
* Prior experience in investment banking operations
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for application is 31 July 2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong Time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.