- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Service Delivery Manager:
Identify stakeholders/requesters. Understand project objectives, scope. Define project schedules
Coordinate infra delivery with application and infrastructure SMEs within the agreed project time frame
Keep track of all infra cost and infra personnel allocation
Track individual project status, provide regular reports to Portfolio Leads
Proactive communication with stakeholder/requester on latest project status
Produce infrastructure estate view periodically
Obtain and update infra product roadmap. Collate with infrastructure estate data to generate a EOL priority list for respective FM functions
Assist Portfolio Leads on
Maintain good working relationship with stakeholders
Timely updates to the BoW
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify stakeholders/requesters
- Regular engagements with them on updates covering infra consumptions financials, project status, infra estate health, demand prioritizations and forecasting
- Regular sessions with stakeholders to capture their upcoming demands. Managing the forecast at the pre-approved stage until they translate into requests
- Filtering BAU and projects request based on scope, complexity and budget
- Provide infra capacity forecast for the downstream teams in the infra provisioning workflow to avoid capacity constraint.
- Provide transparency on infra product roadmaps to stakeholders
- Highlight EoL items. Notify stakeholders on upcoming EoLs, able to articulate risk and remediation cost to stakeholders. Provide cost estimations for tech refresh
- Maintain estate efficient on promoting virtualization where possible, offer fit-for-purpose suggestion
- Assist application teams on building business cases for their infra requirement. Highlight TCO and maximize ROI
- Capture the OPEX cost on monthly basis. Highlight the cost spikes and reductions in area. Identify opportunities on cost savings
- Regular review changes in infra service catalogue with product/service owners
- Manages the E2E delivery of all BAU and project requests
- Reports and track project status, regardless of BAU, big rock, pebbles and sands events
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/y2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.