Data & Technology Governance Business Analyst
- Temporary, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 27 Sep 16
An exciting Data & Technology Governance Business Analyst job has just become available at one of the leading global financial institutions. Reporting directly to the Head of Analytics, this is a role for an experience Business Analyst with strong experience in SAS & SQL for analytical report production.
About the Data & Technology Governance Business Analyst role:
The Data and Technology Governance Analyst is expected to perform analysis on existing data that will be used in the Risk projects as well as identify new data elements that are needed, identify business and operational impacts and risks arising from change programme initiatives, process re-engineering. This role will be supporting other Compliance projects from a subject matter expert perspective through the different phases of the SDLC life cycle.
- Develop control structures within a complex environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processe
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT
- Work with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develop complex queries and provide reports
- Identify and impact assess data quality issues on project delivery and ability to escalate when required
- Work closely with the team to ensure data quality issues are well understood, managed and communicate
- Work with other business and data analysts / process stakeholders within the project and broader Compliance team globally to define business / change requirements, identify the benefits, risks and mitigations from change programs and develop steps to implement project successfully
- Adhere to the structure to the project and enforces rigorous project governance
To excel in this Data & Technology Governance Business Analyst role, you will need to have strong experience in SAS & SQL for analytical report production.
- Strong understanding of databases and data structures
- Experience with financial services data is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Data Quality Processes, Management, Governance and Measurement
- Fundamental understanding of relevant business processes and data segments
- Robust lateral thinking, critical analysis and root cause analysis skills
- Broad knowledge of banking with a good understanding of the Customer Due Diligence process and technology aspects of each business across retail and commercial corporate banking will be an advantage
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and IT staff
- Ability to create effective working relationships across business & geographies
- Focused, organised, results-oriented and works independently to strict timeframes
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholders across bank's network
This international financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in the banking world. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Business Analyst job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1325854