Customer Success Engineer (Cleversafe)
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Who You Are:
Do you have a passion for helping people? Are you a problem solver? Do you like to work with cutting edge technology? Would you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment? If so, then we have the dream opportunity you've been waiting for here at Cleversafe.
Who We Are:
Cleversafe is an innovative storage technology company headquartered in Chicago with expansion going on in Europe and Asia Pacific. We are revolutionizing the storage industry by working to enable the world to confidently store and distribute limitless data. Our cutting edge technical accomplishments have received numerous awards such as the coveted Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the people we hire. Named one of Chicago's Best and Brightest, we look for outstanding, motivated people who are passionate and dedicated team players. We offer a flexible, casual work environment and exceptional career opportunities.
The Position: In a Nutshell
You will have the opportunity to provide world class implementation, integration and support services to our rapidly growing customer base by deploying and integrating our technology in dynamic customer environments and by responding to phone and email requests for support of our installed base of Dispersed Storage systems.
• Plan, document and implement Dispersed Storage systems for Proof of Concept or production use in line with customer requirements and specifications
• Collect and analyze diagnostic information from deployed Customers systems during a problem or incident scenario
• Deliver and implement software upgrades for deployed Customer systems
• Help Customers solve technical issues with Dispersed Storage systems and provide timely responses to questions.
• Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level phone, email and portal support for Customer support issues and outages, as well as operational monitoring of automated feedback sent by customer systems to the company.
• Manage the escalation process for issues not resolved by all prior support.
• Write Knowledge Base articles for troubleshooting, workarounds and other important information as it pertains to dsNet (Dispersed Storage Network) support.
• Maintain SLA's with customers and ensure prompt responses to Cases and Customer inquiries.
• Deliver very proactive “can-do” contribution and show ability to overcome obstacles through business case understanding, strong influencing and collaboration skills, and awareness of other business dependencies.
• Generate and deliver reports on open Cases, Average time to Close Case and other meaningful metrics on the Post-Sales support process.
• Manage spares inventory at remote depots to make sure proper sparing levels are maintained.
• Work with third party support organization to ensure proper escalation of first level support cases.
• Own projects and top customer issues during and after hours. Specifically, this position involves 24x7 phone on-call capability that includes being able to access customer systems remotely, as well as internal Cleversafe testing systems.
• Travel to customers (often on short notice)
• Document all details of work in Cleversafe case tracking system and other internal systems without fail.
• Possess ability to lift and work with heavy systems using the tools and best practices of the storage industry
What You Need:
• Strong understanding of the networking fundamentals.
• Strong command line Linux skills. You should have setup and run your own Linux servers before.
• This position is customer facing (all audience levels) with direct phone and email communications therefore good interpersonal skills along with good written and oral communication skills are required.
• Strong Windows and Linux troubleshooting skills (with a focus on storage being a plus)
• The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and help to resolve the issue.
• Excellent writing skills as much of your work will be written (email, documentation, SOW, etc.).
• Excellent telephone communication skills. Some support will be provided over the phone.
• A working knowledge of case management in SalesForce, or equivalent is required
• Up to 35% travel required, sometimes with your own vehicle, and some international, often on short notice
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 – 10 years of experience in Customer Support in the Data Storage industry or equivalent.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Role ( Job Role )
Business Transformation Consultant
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village