Credit Solutions Manager
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (BTMU), a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MUFG), is Japan’s premier bank, with a global network spanning more than 40 countries. Outside of Japan, BTMU offers an extensive scope of commercial and investment banking products and services to businesses, governments and individuals worldwide.
In the Asia and Oceania region, BTMU has presence in 13 key markets with 32 offices and closed to 4,500 employees serving largely corporate and institutional clients. Singapore has served as the regional headquarters for South Asia, South-east Asia and the Oceania region since July 2013. While the regional headquarters for the East Asia region remains in Japan.
BTMU’s parent MUFG is one of the world’s leading financial groups with total assets of JPY 258.1 trillion by the end of March 2014. MUFG’s services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Group’s operating companies include BTMU, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms. MUFG’s shares are traded on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges respectively.
Credit Solutions Manager
- Work closely with Branch RM’s to identify their credit hedging needs on credit insurance, structure credit insurance solutions to meet their needs, carry out approval processes, implement transaction executions, and handle post-binding administrations.
- Face credit insurance market (brokers, insurers) to solicit credit insurance liquidities, negotiate insurance terms, carry out insurance documentation processes, and handle post-binding administrations.
- Contribute to credit insurance initiatives such as developing credit insurance solutions to support branches in credit insurance regulatory challenging countries, portfolio credit insurance solutions, funded basis credit insurance, etc.
- Support Branch RM’s other credit hedging needs when required such as credit default swaps, credit linked hedging schemes, loan sales / funded sub-participation, etc.
- Contribute to various initiatives by leading the initiative(s) assigned by the team Head.
- Contribute to the research and development of new credit hedging tools undertaken by the team.
- Act as the overall controller / producer of the internal control framework of the team, including reporting, monitoring, due diligence checking, etc. as directed by the team Head.
- Support other needs of the team assigned by the team Head.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience
- Good knowledge and work experience in credit insurance products
- Knowledge and experience in other credit hedging products may be considered
- Good knowledge in basic banking products
- Experience in credit portfolio management may have some advantage
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Good language skills in English. Additional language skills may have small advantage
- Flexibility in working beyond office hours if needed to meet task deadlines
- Flexibility in travelling as the job may require regional travelling occasionally
- Degree in either Business / Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics / Economics / Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Masters of Science (MS) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification may have an advantage
- Good computer skills in Powerpoint, Excel, Word, etc.