Contract Staff (Senior), Middleware SME, Tech Services, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 26 Jun 17
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Collaborate and work with Engineering team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams. Deliver to the deployment team for execution.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for middleware software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and IMS management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery
- Lead and control the delivery of outsourcer technical team of middleware support personnel.
- Ensure the supportability of the middleware software. Plan and lead upgrade projects.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise execution for major change
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning
- Automate system operation
- Track and drive patch management for all middleware software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Manage backup and recovery
- Conduct asset management
- Design and control access plans and matrix for infrastructure services and support personnel. Perform regular access review and validation.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on middleware to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Minimum 5 years system support experience on middleware technologies.
- Good technical knowledge of middleware technology.
- Experience in troubleshoot and performance tuning in J2EE environment
- Experience in middleware clustering and replication technology
- Experience in middleware performance analysis and tuning.
- Information security knowledge.
- Data communication and network knowledge.
- Possess excellent written and communication skills in English and able to deal with parties at a senior level to articulate complex recommendations. Proficient second language would be a plus.
- Experience in J2EE application deployment and execution is an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.