Cnslt - Systems Eng
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 30 Sep 16
Cnslt - Systems Eng
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and other such hosting related provisioning activities.
- Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities.
- Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides technical consulting knowledge to the GMT lines of business and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
Candidate must have at least 6 years expert level experience in Linux and Solaris server administration, design and support in a large scale environment, preferably in the financial services industry
- Solid experience in RedHat Linux and Solaris.
- Have experience with clustering technologies like Veritas VCS , RedHat Cluster or Microsoft Cluster Server to design and build a multi-node cluster
- Have expert knowledge of standard Unix protocols
- Basic understanding of Windows server applications and configurations (IIS/Terminal Services/Active Directory/File Server)
- Be familiar with the implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of UNIX applications
- Have proficiency with Perl or shell scripting
- S olid understanding of FC based SAN, NAS and network technologies
- Able to handle multiple critical projects simultaneously in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with peers in other worldwide locations
- Able to work with other departments to implement new solutions
- Be self motivated with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Be outspoken and show initiative
- Ability to work on weekends and after normal office hour
- VMware ESX administration
- Experience with financial, legal, risk and compliance processes preferable
- Programming languages (C/Perl/Python/VB)
Posting Date: 05/09/2016
Location: Singapore - Singapore
Full / Part-time: Full time