COO - WM Technology - Technical Analyst - Associate
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 26 Sep 16
COO - WM Technology - Technical Analyst - Associate
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology ("IT") infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Role Description - Summary:
This is a Techno-Functional Role. Candidate will manage a set of Financial/Banking applications end-to-end. Good grasp on Web and Database technologies will be a pre-requisite. Detailed understanding of Wealth Management product suite will be required.
Candidate would also be involved to support/test/coordinate functional testing on behalf of users, operations, and testing teams potentially including test plans, test cases, test-data and review of interface testing, between different applications, when required.
Close interaction and relationship building with key stake-holders from both Business and Technology is a must.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Single point of contact for Projects/Initiatives allocated.
- Subject matter expert on specific business domains (eg OTC/Derivatives) and other banking products
- Demonstrates understanding of business needs & complex business requirements.
- Work with application developers to resolve functional issues from UATs, and to help find solutions for various functional difficulty areas.
- Cross country interaction and relationship building with specific focus on SG & HK region.
- Defines guiding principles for designing industrialised, high STP business process solutions.Reviews and provides feedback on functional solutions.
- Formulate and create Business/Functional specification documentation, in close working with Business, Application Owners and Solution Architects.
- Accountable for the ongoing enhancement and maintenance of a application including management of scope.
- Explores alternative solutions based on business goals & benefits.Support/test/coordinate on behalf of users, operations, and testing teams potentially including test plans, test cases, test-data and review of interface testing, between different applications, when required.
- Demonstrates expertise in broader front to back business process. Engineering and solution definition, including aspects outside own area of responsibility.
- Identifies implementation options to cleanly migrate from current state to target state.
- Works closely with PM to manage project scope and report on progress
- Manages own work and supervises others, covering multiple projects.
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution.
Experience & Exposure:
- Minimum 6 - 8 years Experience in Banking Industry.
- Candidate should have a back-ground in Information Technology.
- Awareness of Software Development Life Cycle and proficiency in Project Management tools (Microsoft Project, Visio, Power Point etc) is added advantage.
- Significant experience in management of complex projects.
- Industry, stakeholder and competitor awareness within own area of expertise.
- Exposure in Web & Database Technologies is required.
- Good grasp on financial data models/structures & analytical ability.
- Profound knowledge of methods and tools for functional specifications.
- Proven communication skills.
- Strong influencing capabilities.
- Able to quickly grasp new contexts.
- Highly capable to manage complexity.
- Used to working to tight deadlines and identifying problems at an early stage.
- Ability to shape methodology, processes, policies and procedures.
- Proven leadership of functional teams in matrixed organisations.
- Innovative thinking.
Education / Certification:
Bachelor / Master Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or an IT- related diploma (or equivalent)
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.