COO - Corporate Investment Bank - Technology Manager - AVP
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 28 Jun 17
COO - Corporate Investment Bank - Technology Manager - AVP
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank’s entire information technology (“IT”) infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank’s businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Role Description Summary
The Technology Manager is responsible for day-to-day leadership of team work efforts and/or serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing support as needed in the transference of business requirements into technical solutions. The Technical Specialist Manager provides support as needed with Level 3 operational support for incidents and problem/root-cause analysis.
GTB Corporate business requires mass processing of a variety of different data formats for many business areas. There is a high demand on high availability, performance, individually designed processing, reduced time to markets and ability to quickly react on client demands.
All these requirements are delivered by the Deutsche Bank conversion and routing engine e-Bridge AP, which is a high performing, high available, scalable IT solution for the conversion of market and proprietary formats inside and outside the bank. e-Bridge AP is widely used in the bank in APAC, also outside GTB and it is currently processing approx. 2 mio data messages per day.
Many technical implementations based on business requirements, market and regulatory driven chances as well as security enhancement will be implemented in the near future and there will be a consolidation of conversion tools done in the next 2 years.
- Ensures convergence with programme & business vision.
- Ensures technical requirements support the business strategy.
- Builds consensus amongst key stakeholders for a common set of requirements.
- Interfaces with internal/external providers to ensure successful development, testing and implementation of change.
- Communicates the new technology in common nomenclature for technical & non-technical audiences.
- Ensures migration planning to target state technology.
- Completes and elaborates technical software design (high level design) in accordance with solution designed by solution architect and documentation of the same.
- Defines the integration strategy (including rationale), integration environment requirements, and determines the product-component integration sequence.
- Identifies the list of software product components which need to be integrated.
- Identifies dependencies between software product components, between technical components (such as database tables and master data files), and between applications and interfaces.
- Assesses and identifies mitigation for risks including those related to high level design, integration, and quality of data.
- Identifies the product integration verifications to be performed based on the integration sequence and relevant dependencies.
- Determines the impact on test or production environment (if any).
- Oversees database & technical infrastructure.
- Oversees available technologies and utilities.
- Specifies/selects tools to enhance development process.
- Contributes to the definition of development and SW standards to implement/reflect the db guidelines (naming conventions, encryption, security settings) and ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Ensures that architectural changes (as defined by architects) are being implemented.
- Evaluates new products incl. prototyping (potentially on behalf of architects) – makes recommendations of new products.
- Level 3 support for technical infrastructure components (databases, middleware, user interface).
- Contributes to problem and root cause analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written/verbal).
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrixed organisations.
- Good team player.
- Open minded.
- Keeps pace with technical innovation.
- Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members.
- Ability to write code in accordance with provided business requirements.
- Very good knowledge about a relational database like Oracle, etc,...
- Very good understanding of complex infrastructure and the toolsets within the bank to manage applications.
- Very good knowledge in IBM WTX
- Very Good knowledge of MQ Series, AIX, Sun Solaris
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) – with a minor in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.