COO - Client Data Services - Operations Manager- VP
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 26 Jun 17
COO - Client Data Services - Operations Manager- VP
Our Operations group provides support for all of Deutsche Bank’s businesses to enable them to deliver operational transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and operations centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank’s platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
Our goal is to deliver world-class client service at exceptional value to internal partners and clients. A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the service they deliver. In return, we offer career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
We work across a wide range of product groups, including derivatives, securities, global finance and foreign exchange, cash and trade loans and trust and securities services as well as cross-product functions.
Client and Data Services (CDS) area provides comprehensive Know Your Client, New Account Opening, Static Data Analysis and Services and Data Management solutions within DB systems for Global Markets and CIB Business Lines. Within CDS this role is part of the KYC SME team that plays a key role in ensuring regional standardization and operational support on KYC queries for CDS team across APAC. This team is seen as an elite/ expert team that gets involved with major change initiatives around policy, regulatory changes, target operating model, new procedures and/ or onboarding platform change rollouts and ensures COB teams are fully equipped to deal with these changes through training / operational readiness preparation / update of artefacts like KOP’s/ DTP’s/ Checklists etc.
Role will be responsible for driving the knowledge sharing around changes or existing policy interpretations / requirements to COB teams and guide local teams on case specific complexities. This will involve supporting training delivery on an adhoc basis along with day to day query resolution support as well as specific focused intervention / deep dives in specific teams on the back of identified quality / knowledge gaps etc. The person in this role will also be expected to closely partner with project teams on various change initiatives and help assess operational impacts.
Activities to be performed for achieving success include but are not limited to process mapping and design, operational control definition/design, KOP documentation, and understanding DB internal and external Regulatory requirements. As part of the execution the role will also be required to support appropriate level of communication, understanding and stakeholder engagement with business and CDS teams in individual countries around these changes. Responsibilities will also encompass at time undertaking reviews of KYC due diligence standards at time and partnering with QA teams within CDS to understand areas requiring specific remedial actions.
- Support CDS APAC teams on complex queries related to new client onboarding and Periodic reviews on day to day basis as part of expert team
- Ensure training and knowledge sharing on KYC and regulatory/tax related client classification matters to all COB teams.
- Help drive process standardization and operational efficiencies across APAC branch CDS teams.
- Work with AFC and Policy team to translate new policy or regulatory changes into operating procedures or artefacts that can be used by KYC analysts.
- Perform quality checks as needed at time to ensure that defined guidelines are being adhered to and help identify root cause of any gaps therein.
- Support establishment of a quality culture within outcome towards achieving right quality outcomes around policies and standards.
- Remain updated on latest Regulation and Industry Knowledge
- Partner with change teams in driving impact assessment on operational processes from new change initiatives (policy /regulatory etc)
- Define and implement new processes and controls around change initiative driven impacts in CDS towards minimizing operational risks.
- Establish strong collaboration with AFC and business teams and help in resolution of issues that are stemming from policy execution action interpretation differences between CDS and business teams.
- Develop and document end-to-end roles and responsibilities for new procedures, including process flow, operating procedures, as well as the required controls
- Drive issue resolution or options articulation around any problems or challenges that crop up in the course of execution of above initiatives.
- Actively participate in ensuring and validating strong level of operational readiness in CDS RTB teams as part of go-live transition on any of the above initiatives.
- Help identify system requirements around automation of KYC or related processes in a manner that meets CDS needs.
- Develop strong knowledge and understanding of systems/processes/organization in APAC around the client data services space.
- Enhance awareness, expertise and experience of legal and regulatory requirements, control frameworks, operational processes and policies around Client Onboarding.
- Graduates with good academic background
- Overall experience of atleast 7 years in the Banking/Finance industry of which at least 2 years should be in change/transformation space or associated with change/transformation initiatives
- Relevant KYC background with with experience working in Client Onboarding team and/or interacting with clients and internal Sales teams on KYC topics.
- Highly structured and analytical preferably with hands on experience of process mapping/ documentation and solutioning.
- Experience in participating in complex projects and supporting change
- Good knowledge of regulatory trends / developments around AML / KYC space
- Able to multi-task and deal with competing priorities
- Able to work in a highly-matrixed environment, with strong collaborations ability to enable bridging of gaps between groups and cultures.
- Experienced in communicating with and influencing diverse stakeholders (including senior stakeholders) and colleagues
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications and able to synthesize information for senior management presentations.
- KYC /Client data related process experience a big plus.
- Prior experience around regulatory projects and/or regulatory interactions a big plus.
- Experience in working in regional role across APAC branches a big plus.
- Relationship management and influencing/negotiation skills – to be able to manage relationships with stakeholders including those located remotely.
- Able to cope well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Extremely hands with ability and interest to get into the details and understand front to back system and process flows, perform specific data analysis and identify solution alternatives.
- Eye for detail and able to apply control framework around processes and identify gaps/risks.
- Independent, self-motivated and a collaborative team player.
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills; ability to multi-task effectively
- Analytical and able to perform deep dives and root cause analysis.
- Strong learning ability around new areas.
- High EQ and able to assimilate other stakeholders perspectives
- Change/Continuous improvement mindset with strong interest to question status quo.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.