Business Solutions Analyst - Conduct (12 months Direct Contract)
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Embedding Conduct in our business practices requires that we provide the tools to monitor and evidence the state of Conduct across businesses and functions, and regions.
The role of Business Solutions Analyst is to work as part of the CIO Functions Conduct Metrics Project team to deliver a solution which will present a coherent picture of conduct indicators, support decision making, and provide early alerts. The metrics that will create conduct indicators will come from a wide range of sources across the Group. These include but are not limited to: Human Resources, Compliance, Business segments / products, Audit, Finance, and Operational Risk.
The consumers of the solution includes, but not limited to, Group Board, Regional Heads, Country Heads, Business / Function Heads and FCC & Compliance Analytics teams.
The project will be delivered agile, in incremental releases, utilizing SCRUM, delivering frequent value to the business stakeholders.
Primary Skill 1 - Strong knowledge of Conduct management and regulatory compliance
Primary Skill 2 - Strong knowledge of MI data solutions and reporting across businesses, functions and FCC
Secondary Skill 1 - Operational risk framework and agile project delivery
Secondary Skill 2 - Knowledge of BI Solutions (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Design and Review
*Engage with relevant stakeholders and collaborate with function, business and technology stakeholders to identify key business requirements for BI dashboards
* Design and develop conduct MI requirements and define the KPIs and risk & control indicators that will inform Group wide and business/functions specific conduct leading and lagging indicators
* Formulation of functional user stories and use cases
* Testing and validation of aggregation methodologies
* Create comprehensive approach to assess the adequacy of conduct indicators
* Preparing training plans
* Preparing user acceptance test scripts
* Identify areas where alignment with related initiatives is required, regularly engage with related initatives to assess the progress of such initiatives and carry out impact analysis on project deliverables
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree (multi disciplinary subjects preferred)
- Passionate about Compliance and data-driven decision making
- Extensive experience in Conduct of business within the fields of MI and monitoring, governance, and risk management
- Experience in data centric projects and agile project delivery
- Experience across front line business roles and compliance
- Solid understanding of the Group Conduct Programme, the FCC MI and FCRMP's deliverables, Group supervisory data projects, and the Banking Reform Act and the Senior Managers Regime
- Hands-on experience in framework design
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.