Business Data Analyst (12 months Direct Contract)
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 09 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
- Embedding Conduct in our business practices requires that we provide the tools to monitor and evidence the state of Conduct across businesses and functions, and regions.
- The role of Data Analyst is to work as part of the CIO Functions Conduct Metrics Project team to deliver a solution which will present a coherent picture of conduct indicators, support decision making, and provide early alerts. The metrics that will create conduct indicators will come from a wide range of sources across the Group. These include but are not limited to: Human Resources, Compliance, Business segments / products, Audit, Finance, and Operational Risk.
- The consumers of the solution includes, but not limited to, Group Board, Regional Heads, Country Heads, Business / Function Heads and FCC & Compliance Analytics teams.
- The project will be delivered agile, in incremental releases, utilizing SCRUM, delivering frequent value to the business stakeholders
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Planning and Review
- Document and review data related requirements for the project to ensure its alignment with the project deliveries
- Utilizing Excel, VBA and other tools, dive into the available data to produce insights
- Being able to work in stressful situation when insights in (new) data sets is required quickly
- Proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; take responsibility when needed
- Identifying, capturing and reporting data quality issues
- Drafting data quality metrics
- Responsible for data reconciliation
- Performing and supporting data testing for the projects
- Supporting in drafting test cases and scenario
- Supporting in populating test data to facilitate SIT and UAT
- Supporting in fixing data bugs
- Supporting in improving data upliftment
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong knowledge of dimensional modeling & star schemas
- Passionate about data and data-driven decision making
- Experience in working on data centric projects
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.