Business Analyst - Retail Banking, Finance & Credit Risk
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 18 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
To perform the business and functional analysis relating to Retail Credit and Finance reporting requirements and its data analysis leading to the preparation of accurate, detailed and complete business requirement documents and change requests.
During the process of analyzing the business areas affected, the job holder will acquire good working knowledge of business processes and data flows to facilitate collaboration of business and cross-functional teams and process owners to develop solutions that meet these business requirements and resolution of issues.
To work closely with the Data Standards & Services team to understand and ensure that data attributes from source systems are correctly identified and fit for use.
To define the test strategy, scenarios and cases for UAT and UVT for Tier 2 & Tier 3 and ensure that the desired outcomes are fulfilled.
The job holder will define EDM Tier 3 use/reporting requirements including data definitions and be its subject matter expert post implementation.
During the project roll-out phase, the job holder will conduct user training for the functional and business teams to facilitate rapid adoption of the new application.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. To have good knowledge of BCBS 239 principles and its implications in the end-to-end data and information flow within the bank.
2. Communicate with stakeholders on project undertakings and progress of work relevant to their business and functional areas.
3. Understand the Create & Capture business processes to provide the necessary oversight of data identified and sourced from respective systems by the Data Standards and Services team.
4. Engage the respective Country's Finance & Risk teams throughout the analysis and implementation phase to keep abreast of new or changes in business requirements throughout the project timeline.
5. Work closely with business and technology teams to develop solutions taking into account the relevant risks and impacts.
6. Responsible for financial data (Finance and Risk) reconciliation requirements in data sourcing and reporting layers.
7. In product code and customer segment mapping analysis, be able to discern the inconsistencies, inadequacies and make sound and sustainable recommendations for to solve mapping issues.
8. Have good working knowledge of ELDM to facilitate requirements analysis and solutioning for Tier 3.
9. Able to identify operational process changes required to support data sourcing requirements.
10. Understand the data quality and assurance policies and guidelines and apply the requirements to all data sourced and used in the business and functional areas.
11. Have a good understanding of inter-related projects to manage dependencies both up and down streams.
12. Develop test strategies, test scenarios and cases for UAT and UVT.
13. Work with business and functional stakeholders and users to define acceptance criteria.
14. Awareness of other projects' functionalities within the EDM space.
15. Ability to conduct user training for the local & regional functional teams to facilitate rapid adoption and use of the new application.
Qualifications and Skills
* Ability to maintain good stakeholders' engagement
* Effectiveness of collaboration between business, credit, finance and technology teams
* Good working relationship with the relevant Technology teams and get things right the first time to avoid rework
* Adherence to Project timelines and milestones
* Fulfillment of tasks assigned and its quality
* Complete and accurate business requirements document
* Understanding of reporting/use application(s)
* Ability to motivated peers and team members
* Good team player
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.