Awareness Specialist, Information Security
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Group Information Security's (GIS) charter is to protect the Bank. Its primary goal is to enable the Bank to conduct business on a daily basis - safely and securely. Through this goal, GIS enables the Bank to deliver on its brand promise of "Here for Good" and be a trusted banking partner for our customers around the globe.
The mission of GIS is to protect the Bank from evolving information security threats through the delivery of business aligned information security services, educating staff and timely response to security incidents.
The Policy and Awareness (P&A) Team in GIS drives a security culture throughout the Bank via policy lifecycle management and audience-driven education initiatives. The Education & Awareness service line in the P&A team: (a) promotes information security awareness throughout the Bank by audience type (b) segment education and awareness programmes by general staff, Business/Functions, GIS employees, Bank executives (Board and Country) and external (media, shareholders, regulators) (c) conduct regular needs analysis with business owners.
Main Purpose of Job:
The Awareness Specialist role requires the person to be involved in key support and coordination of the delivery of information security awareness activities to all locations across the Bank's network. This role will have a direct reporting line to the Head of Education & Awareness Manager, P&A team, GIS.
At the direction of the Head of Education & Awareness Manager, P&A team, GIS, the Awareness Specialist is primarily responsible for:
* Providing key support in rolling out, maintaining, and/or improving information security awareness initiatives (e.g. Information Security Champions (ISC) program, targeted awareness to Business, CyberSafe content development) as planned
* Provide assistance to GIS team members in their ad hoc awareness communications (e.g. alerts/advisories) from GIS to other ITO teams, other functional departments or the Business.
* Support the development of existing awareness and related materials (multi-channel materials: broadcasts, on-the-ground events etc.) and exploiting the functions of the Bank's intranet (Bridge/teamsite)
* Producing add-on awareness materials such as on-the-ground or Bank-wide staff contests, animations/videos that inspire (through fun, humour or such) people to behave securely - combination of ATL and BTL initiatives in accordance to the awareness plans for general staff and business/functions/geographical areas
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key support and coordination of the delivery of information security awareness activities to all locations across the Bank network and across various audience segements (i.e. Business/Functions, General Staff, Executives, GIS). Direct reporting line to the Head, Education and Awareness, P&A team, GIS.
As part of the responsibilities in raising staff awareness, the awareness specialist will assist the Head, Education and Awareness in GIS in several areas:
In co-delivering targeted awareness sessions to departments across the Bank
* Coordinate efforts in driving new joiner training across the Bank
* Manage assigned Information Security Champions (ISC) teams across the Bank and serve as a regional awareness lead for any of the Bank's regions.
* Maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. the non-GIS contact points, Business Information Security Officers (BISO)) in assigned Bank departments to drive further awareness among their staff
* Coordinate with awareness agencies/design vendors as required (i.e. to work with them to get awareness materials prepared on-time and disseminated)
Qualifications and Skills
* Minimum of 5-7 years experience in internal communications, staff engagement, corporate communications
* A reasonably competent level of understanding of information technology and information security - user-oriented
* A Bachelors Degree in a related field
* Excellent communications and classroom presentation skills
The closing date for applications is 05/10/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.