Associate/Associate Director, Operational Risk Oversight, Asia Pacific
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- 13 Sep 17
The Bank of Nova Scotia (“the Bank”) is one of North America’s leading financial institutions and Canada’s most international bank. We invite applications for the following position:
• To assist on strategic roll out of new products and business initiatives including reviewing risk assessments of new product and business initiatives in Asia Pacific.
• Support, coordinate and perform documentation of Risk and Control Self Assessments for Asia Pacific units.
• Perform trading supervision / oversight required in Asia Pacific locations as assigned e.g. maintaining trader and sales authorization letters, coordinate trading oversight reporting, perform near miss / operational loss analysis and identifying appropriate corrective actions.
• Assist in the execution broker due diligence process.
• Work as a team to complete all other Operational Risk Oversight team’s 1B line of defense activities for Asia Pacific.
• Bachelor / Advanced Degree in Business/ Finance/Accounting/Engineering / Accounting or Law
• Minimum of 5 years capital markets experience in audit, compliance, operations, product control, risk management or relevant audit / regulatory experience.
• Prior experience and knowledge in banking and/or capital markets operational support
• Prior experience in audit or internal controls
• Good presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments / stakeholders
• A demonstrated ability to collaboratively work in a team environment under tight deadlines.
• Expert analytic and problem solving capability
• Ability to primarily focus on day-to-day operational execution on an independent basis
Interested candidates are invited to send in your detailed resume indicating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference: Associate/Associate Director, Operational Risk Oversight, Asia Pacific. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.