Assistant Vice President/ Vice President, Indonesia Team – Capital Markets Group
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 23 Aug 17
See job description for details
DBS is a top equity house and a market leader in REITs and property trusts in the region. We have been recognized as pre-eminent investment bank and won a number of prestigious awards, including Best Equity House in Singapore by Asiamoney for 14 consecutive years from 2002 to 2015; Best REIT House in Asia by The Asset for four consecutive years since 2012; and Best Asia Investment Bank by FinanceAsia in 2015. At DBS, the Capital Markets Group provides equity funding solutions to our corporate clients in the region, and acts as an intermediary between issuers and our investing clients. We advise and sponsor our clients in their equity fund-raising exercises in connection with their listing ambitions on regional stock exchanges. We help our clients to raise equity funds through primary offering and/or secondary offering of shares and REITs, as well as pre-IPO platform.
- Be part of the team driving the regional equity franchise of the bank;
- Actively participate in business opportunities identification and development to secure mandates principally from regional corporations seeking to raise equity funds from the private or public markets such as the SGX, IDX or Bursa Malaysia through IPOs or in secondary equity raisings. This will, among others, involve preparing marketing pitches, corporate financial analysis, building valuation model, prepare project documentation as well as providing analysis of industry and market trends;
- Participate and assist the Project Leader to drive transaction workstreams of the project. This will include, but not limited to, co-ordinate activities to track agreed timetable, handling all aspects of client liaison together with the Project Leader, identifying key critical issues of projects / transactions and propose potential solutions to address them;
- As part of the transaction team, ensure seamless execution of equity mandates and be involved in rendering transaction-related corporate finance advice, seeking regulatory clearance, and planning the marketing programs for the equity transactions;
- Work with external professionals and the authorities to ensure the timely, expedient and successful completion of transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3-5 years' direct experience in corporate finance work (in particular, experience handling equity fund raisings on SGX / IDX / Bursa Msia, valuation or equity research) will be preferred;
- Knowledge of accounting and finance; CFA holders are preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills; and possess the maturity and aptitude to interact with all levels of staff across the Bank as well as with external parties. Ability to communicate in Bahasa Indonesia or Malaysia as you will be working closely with Indonesian clients;
- Highly committed, analytical, self-motivated, critical thinking mindset, result-oriented, a team player and able to excel under pressure;
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast pace environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Knowledge of Bloomberg is a plus;
- Travelling required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.