Asia Reward – Vice President (Contract)
- Contract, Full time
- 21 Jun 17
Maternity Cover (for six months) managing the following processes and client support across Reward (Compensation & Benefits): o Partner with the HR Business Partners to provide compensation advice to the businesses on a regional basis o As part of HR Reward team, manage the construction, implementation and administration of various Benefit plans at Barclays, principally within South East Asia. o Carry out ad hoc strategic projects when required. o Assist with other Reward duties as appropriate - general queries and other typical Reward type responsibilities as a member of the team.
The Human Resources function at Barclays is structured around Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and Centres of Excellences (CoEs), which are staffed with professionals who have expertise in their particular area.
The HRBPs understand and identify business needs, translating business strategies into specified and prioritised HR solutions in an effective way. The CoEs (of which Reward is one) advise the business with respect to HR strategies, best practices and regulatory requirements.
Overall purpose of role:
Maternity Cover (for six months) managing the following processes and client support across Reward (Compensation & Benefits):
- Partner with the HR Business Partners to provide compensation advice to the businesses on a regional basis.
- As part of HR Reward team, manage the construction, implementation and administration of various Benefit plans at Barclays, principally within South East Asia.
- Carry out ad hoc strategic projects when required.
- Assist with other Reward duties as appropriate - general queries and other typical Reward type responsibilities as a member of the team.
Manage a team of at least two to three members of the Reward team:
- Responsible for the learning and development of team members, particularly creating consistent and efficient approaches when executing and delivering work to clients.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Cash Comp lead for Asia Front Office Business Areas, COO & Functions, providing year round compensation analytics support and advice to the HR Business Partners.
- Coordinate with the global Reward team in the development, implementation and delivery of Reward strategies.
- Provide local project management and involvement with the global survey participation annually to include job-matching, data collection, submission and subsequent analysis and utilisation of results.
- Participate in other ad hoc surveys as deemed appropriate to support applicable business areas.
- Lead and manage key aspects of the annual compensation round ensuring smooth delivery of activities.
- Identify global alignment in processes and approaches and integrating Asia specifics where feasible.
- Manage and oversee the administration of the Barclays Benefit plans, primarily South East Asia pensions, to ensure efficiency and robustness and manage the relationship with the external providers/administrators.
- Ensure compliance with reporting and administrative deadlines of our Benefit plans, working with other HR teams, Legal, Compliance, Group Tax and external vendors to ensure compliance.
- Ad hoc projects e.g. review of benefits provision/providers etc.
Decision making and problem solving:
- Challenge the status quo and to question standard procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to unplanned situations or requirements by flexible application of skills and knowledge in a variety of circumstances.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- University degree.
Experience required (Essential)
- Minimum six years of relevant Compensation and Benefits experience particularly in Compensation.
- Work experience involving interaction with a variety of levels, internal or external clients.
Experience required (Preferred)
- Compensation survey experience such as McLagan, Towers Watson etc.
Skills and Knowledge (Essential)
- Effective leader to a small team.
- Project management and ability to work effectively to exacting deadlines.
- Good Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- High quality of service delivery and response to clients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytical and an effective problem solver.
Skills and Knowledge (Preferred)
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience in Financial Services industry.
- Evidence of experience, confidence and diplomacy in dealing with senior members of staff.
Rebecca Yuen Hsiu Chen
EA Licence No: 12C5536
EA registration no: R1110352
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.